Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75 shot to help spool it up.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
      75 shot to help spool it up.
      what happens when the bottles empty though?
      1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
      1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
        two words-

turbo. lag.
        It can lag all it wants it will make up the time Quickly

Comment

two words-

turbo. lag.
          Absolutely no other supercharger beats the horsepower potential of a turbo. Turbo lag is a non-issue with a loose converter and a line lock. If that is the only excuse someone is using to not use a turbo, they are lying to themselves.

Comment

what happens when the bottles empty though?

The same thing which happens when your gasoline tank empties...

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post

+1 they have nice people that will sell you some new stuff to put in your bottle. Hell, since you're not afraid of aftermarket stuff, go bigger. A small stage to help the turbo get going and a bigger stage for the big end of the speedometer.
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                theyre gas stations all over though, so thats different.

i like turbos and all, just not for this.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

theyre gas stations all over though, so thats different.

i like turbos and all, just not for this.
                  even if most of the setup is under 600 bucks?
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                    even if most of the setup is under 600 bucks?
                    yep. even then.

just doesnt fit what im trying to do.

that setup would be sweet on a 4 (or 5) door, though.
                    Last edited by rick99601; 02-01-2011, 01:28 AM.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

I don't understand how I turbo doesn't fit what you're trying to do. You're trying to put a box in the 10's. I properly sized turbo for what you want should have no lag, and they make gobs and gobs of tourqe, seems right to me. A borg Warner s475 like I had spools shortly after 3000 rpm on a 408. Twin t70's with the .68 housing spool just about the same. Both will flow enough to support around 800-900 hp on a 351 based motor.

A centrifigul super charger has the same spool charicteristics of a tubo setup, you already said you don't want n2o. So the other option with no "lag" is a roots style blower, which no one really has a kit fora big blower on a Windsor based motor. Or a n/a monster. Assuming you're planning on a Windsor of course

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                      Big plans

Comment

408 Town Coupe... Do it.

Comment

How about some fast box talk?

After some reading it's starting to look like a set of AFR 165s might be the best bet for what I want to do - a decently quick (13s would be just dandy) sleeper. I want to be able to drive the car like it's still a car and from time to time confuse people when they see a full sized grandma sedan do 13s. It would take me a while to afford the AFR heads but they look like they're what I want.

Any confirmed reports of AFR heads on a Panther? I know Mustang guys use them all day long but I'm curious.
                          sigpic

Comment

You don't need nitrous to spool a turbo.

A properly designed and built system, with proper supporting parts will spool the turbo just fine.

Turbo lag is a phrase of the past.

After some reading it's starting to look like a set of AFR 165s might be the best bet for what I want to do - a decently quick (13s would be just dandy) sleeper. I want to be able to drive the car like it's still a car and from time to time confuse people when they see a full sized grandma sedan do 13s. It would take me a while to afford the AFR heads but they look like they're what I want.

Any confirmed reports of AFR heads on a Panther? I know Mustang guys use them all day long but I'm curious.
                            If you are going to spend that much on heads, you might as well get all you can for your money. Buy the 185s, or better yet TW 190s, put the right intake on it, have a cam ground, put a 3000+ stall converter in it, and 4.10s in the rear.

Don't build a 13 second car when you can build a 12 second car for the same money.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

The local speed shop has a motor there trying to sell for 5k. Its a built 408w with a giant turbo. There pulling it out of a fox that ran a 5.56 in the 1/8 and was around 1000hp on their dyno. Bolt that sucker in and you would be in the 10's easy you would just have to built a damn good drive line.
                              1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                              2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                              sigpic

Comment

i have a set of AFR 185s but they are on my brothers 302, since they would have put me to like 13:1 compression since the previous owner had them decked
                                http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                                http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                                X