No announcement yet.

Made a boo boo and let the muffler shop delete my cat converters Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The easiest way to get good converters on there would be to put on some mustang shorties and a catted mustang H-pipe, then mesh it with the rest of your system. You could get universal cats welded in, but it might cost close to the same price and you'd be getting cats hacked into a system thats already (sounds) hack-jobed (no offense) and it gets uglyier the more it happens, lol.
    I'd get your mysteries sorted out first and make sure its running right of course. If everything's good your going to want better exhaust anyway
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

if your engine was indeed a HO you would notice, as stated before the cam,pistons ecu and firing order would all be different. also injectors as well, and if you rrunning only 1 o2 sensor yeah then gas would suck i know i one fall out on me not to long ago and my gas mielage suffers pretty bad as it effed the sensor all to hell and back. your runnnig 11 ish 0-60 yep lopo. the block numbers wont tell you anything both of my blocks were not only 87 blocks but also triple xxx casting as well i should do som pictures showing the difference also timing chain too the lopo had a single and the Ho had a double roller both were sloppy as hell. i suspect you only have a Ho upper and stuff not a true HO.

on the upside magnaflow makes some universal cats that can be used.
      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
        if your engine was indeed a HO you would notice, as stated before the cam,pistons ecu and firing order would all be different. also injectors as well, and if you rrunning only 1 o2 sensor yeah then gas would suck i know i one fall out on me not to long ago and my gas mielage suffers pretty bad as it effed the sensor all to hell and back. your runnnig 11 ish 0-60 yep lopo. the block numbers wont tell you anything both of my blocks were not only 87 blocks but also triple xxx casting as well i should do som pictures showing the difference also timing chain too the lopo had a single and the Ho had a double roller both were sloppy as hell. i suspect you only have a Ho upper and stuff not a true HO.

on the upside magnaflow makes some universal cats that can be used.
        Hey zoomie at some point I think they switched that timing chain Maybe 88?. When I did my water pump on my 88 I also did my timing chain and the original was a double roller, also I'm pretty sure when gabegt90 replaced his on his 89 it was already a double roller.
        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

1986, though the occasional shitty chain did get through till at least 88 on both lopo and HO motors. Double roller chains usually don't get too sloppy unless the motor was beat on or neglected. I pulled the one on my Mark VII at 225k and it had some slack, but it wasn't nearly bad enough to worry about. Since i had the cover off at that point, I changed it anyway but if I'd known how tight it was, I would not have pulled the timing cover.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i di come across somewthing interesting today on the 99 expo motor im working on the liftervalley has what appears to be some sort of rod guides in addition to the spider and roller lifters has anyone seen this? sorry threadjack
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Pics ? Only seen a couple Explorer motors apart but neither had anything in the lifter galley that was different than other roller motors I've seen. Would be curious to see what extra hardware yours has, and why its there.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                i di come across somewthing interesting today on the 99 expo motor im working on the liftervalley has what appears to be some sort of rod guides in addition to the spider and roller lifters has anyone seen this? sorry threadjack
                Rod guides?

Comment

Working...
                X