No announcement yet.

Ho efi conversion help needed on an 85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked eec relay as per your suggestion both key on and constant are correct. For the fuel pump relay it does not have a pink black wire the constant is fed by yellow wire by the way this is an 87 harness

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
    -1999 P71 Crown vic X LAPD..
    -1966 mustang, 5.0 roller crate motor, t5 etc
    -1972 maverick 5.0 roller crate motor with EFI and a Lentech AOD

Comment

It should be a red/green stripe wire that got key-on power. Did you quadruple check that you tapped into the right pins at the ECM? I made my splices in and out of the ECM harness where they go in the factory setup. Maybe try re-wiring it that way with a fresh ECM.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Pulling and tugging n tracing wires I find the Redwater that supposed to be hot to be like that goes to pin 37 is not hot coming out of the relay . Additionally my ground wires on 40 and 60 are hot... The ground wires go down to the firewall the only thing in between is the o2 sensor harness the salt pepper shakers I'm out of time now so I gotta pull up that section of harness and find out how I'm getting power to those ground wires

Comment

Plus I'm wondering why you have two wires spliced into the ECM, red/green 'run' is all it needs to run.
          There definitely should be nothing coming out of the ECM going directly to the fuel pump - the fuel splice connection should be a hot wire coming out of the FP relay getting spliced into the wire going to the inertia switch.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Having fun with spaghetti lol, I was able to trace back my ground wires from pins 40 and 60, those two wires join up near the battery near that funky looking black connector. They come into the union with three wires the third wire is the ground that I traced back to the EeC relay. Apparently what this means for some reason the relay is wired wrong at the harness and my ground is going to the 12 volt on go figure. All I have to do now is find a pin out for that exact relay then swap the wires around so everything is grounded properly. That should also fix my no power coming out of the relay so apparently those two wires are crossed I guess I'll start there

Comment

if you unplug the ECM, do you still have 12 volts at that black wire? If the ECM is plugged in, I can see reading 12 volts from ground to that wire since the computer will be trying to draw through the voltmeter.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

my tapatalk app has been down hence no update. Anyhow I had a lot of progress to make a It a short story... I spent hours tracing Pulling wires..I finally found two black wires crossed at the plug I made...go.figure...it was supplying 12v to my ground wires...swapped the wires and she fired right up...w00t!!! I'm putting the final things together, tracing a high idle, which will.go.down then back up...not the typical 5.0 surge though..the iac doesn't do anything when I unplug it, so I'll start there...Thx so much all, this wouldn't have happened without your help.
                New phone sorry about sideways video... 85 vic with Ho mustang motor and sefi fuel injection conversion.

Comment

Cool, glad you found it. Good to hear it run too. That surge might be a sticky IAC thats overshooting and closing too far.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It's quite the relief that's for sure...I learned so much that I'm gonna convert my 72 maverick to efi next.

I found several vacuum leaks...fixed Em, and now get a solid 20 pounds at idle, so my map sensor is happy...I drove it around the block, but it needs atf....I'll button up.the rest of the car tomorrow and shoot a victory video....

Now.I just gotta figure out how to make those two skinny air tubes to stop leaking...big exhaust leak, they don't seal well

Comment

Runs pretty smooth....
                      You have received a YouTube video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lpr1Xt4NIY&sns=sms

Comment

lol @ cruise servo flopping around

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Why are you driving in overdrive and why from some of the pics you have a stock lopo throttle body on the car. Great work on sticking with the conversion.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Why are you driving in overdrive and why from some of the pics you have a stock lopo throttle body on the car. Great work on sticking with the conversion.

I wanted to test out My TV cable setting, and make sure that the trans was shifting great. I've also always just left my cars in overdrive, unless it's lugging in 4th, or hunting between 3rd and 4th...being from so cal, everyone drives like racecar drivers out here, so you rarely cruise at that 3rd/4th border.

This car was offloaded to me from a friend who owns a tiny shop building race engines....He agreed to do a motor swap, as the original engine was knocking...and the owner threw a "while you're at it" convert it to sefi. This car will be going back to it's owner this weekend. If the car was mine, I would have used gt40 heads and an explorer intake setup. The guy who owns this car is 60, and is a very very mellow driver, this engine will never see full throttle. He's only concerned with reliability, and driveability. I had the original 87 grand marquis parts car that I stumbled across, and it donated 95% of everything I needed, conversion wise...I wasn't concerned with the higher flowing stuff, since the owner doesn't want that.

Comment

copy that.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well finally, my friend with the shop came by and picked up the vic today. It's going back to his shop for some detail work, then return to the customer.

Just a final note, I tried running the stock vic 16 pound injectors with the 87 speed density mustang computer...man it wasn't having that. It ran, but missed like crazy, was slow as hell....swapped em out for 19's, and it feels like it picked up 75 hp, and is smooth across the board.

Take care all!

Comment

Working...
                                X