• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a C4 to me
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Isn't that surface rust on the case, though? FMX is said to have used an iron case ...
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

could be rust, could be paint that got spilled, could be engine oil, could trans fluid, could be lots of things.... the picture is not very clear.

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

ok... I stand corrected, it is an FMX

Comment

yea, FMX it is. i had one given to me. one heavy mofo for size. and yes, metal case it has.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
              could be rust, could be paint that got spilled, could be engine oil, could trans fluid, could be lots of things.... the picture is not very clear.
              Its greasy. Its very unusual to have rusty cars here. The only rust in this car is bottom of the drivers side door:beltline window scrapers have cracked scraping edge so the water gets inside. (why the owners never sprayed the beltline with silicone spray like owners manual says?)
              “Cars are the only thing on earth that will beat you, break you, make you bleed, make you cry, spend all your money, spend all your time, not work and not care that you will love more, the more they abuse you.” -Anonymous

Comment

Did any original owners actually maintain their dew wipes? :nonono:
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                  Did any original owners actually maintain their dew wipes? :nonono:
                  surprisingly all my weather stripping and my dew wipes are like brand new on my merc either someone maintained it very well or it stayed in a heated garage. It obviously didnt get driven a whole lot as I bought it june of 2011 with 82610 original miles on it.
                  2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

The CFI and 2bbl linkage is the same, I went from CFI to a 2bbl back in the day and there was no problem linkage-wise. Just make sure the 2bbl is from an AOD car, it makes the transition extremely easy.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X