No announcement yet.

4.5 inch back spacing good for my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run 255/50-17's on front with factory cobra wheels (5.72" bs) and 1" spacers. With the old worn out springs it would run on extreme front suspension movement, but it seems good so far with the new springs

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

i think im gunna go with 16s or 15s in the front b.c i want that rake and get the right profile but same tire
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I am planning on eventualy going with 17s myself. But I am expecting about $1000 for wheels.

Comment

omg turbo that merc is sexy!!!!!!!!
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Latest pics with smaller diameter front tires 225 x 50 x 15 Yoko's. There 24"s in diameter, 8.3 tread width, 9" section and a 24" diameter. You can use Bart stock car rim's Like I did at first. They have 8 x 15 rims with 4" offset the bolt holes are 5/8 but as long as you are careful attaching the rims and usee the special 1" hex nuts for stock car rims there ok.

Same on the back 10 x 15 Barts with 5" offset same thing with the lug nuts and carefull allignmet of the wheel mounting.

I ran them for about 5 years before finaly bending them it cornered so well with my 1000lb springs in the front.

So far the front allignment works better than the taller tires. The 295 15 BFGs
            Work well on the back with the rear raised 1"
            Last edited by turbo2256b; 06-06-2006, 03:37 AM.
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I do like the looks of the bigger tires on the front better and might go back to them if I can mod the suspension sso they work better.

What I have now is nice because the slip angles are about even front and rear.

Comment

Yeah, looks a tad funky. I ran 225/60/15's on my old 87 sedan. Worked great, but needed more tire to fill out the fenders.

I'll have to let you know how much adjustablility the 98-02 brakes/suspension gets me, since it makes it double adjustable.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
                  omg turbo that merc is sexy!!!!!!!!
                  Thanks

Comment

What kinda wheels you run now?

I wanted the bart wheels, but I heard of you bending a couple, and they aren't available in 17" :nonono:
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/attachme...9&d=1147716864

That looks almost identical to my merk.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                        What kinda wheels you run now?

I wanted the bart wheels, but I heard of you bending a couple, and they aren't available in 17" :nonono:
                        Not shure if it was the road that did it or some were I had the wheels serviced. There are places that straighten them. They just felt like they needed ballanced. It could be just the pot holes around here. In 5 years of running them only the last 6 months did the vibration start. would I have these straightened or buy a new set yes.

I do know I have torn the eyes loose in my control arms in the rear ripping around corners in the blue car. Run the car with broken ball joints for a year at least. Bad tie rod ends, pitman arm, idler arm, toasted shocks, shot A arm bushings, a 24 " by 1 " rust hole in the frame a scuffed up front spindle. Most this was repaired before I found the wheels to be at fault.

How did I find out? Had to get serious
                        Last edited by turbo2256b; 06-06-2006, 03:37 AM.

Comment

how about these for 16inch tires http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SET-O...QQcmdZViewItem
                          or these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SET-O...QQcmdZViewItem
                          sigpic
                          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

They look good

Comment

which ones better
                              sigpic

Comment

Look them up on tire rack and post the specks.

Comment

Working...
                                X