X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 85crownHPP*
    Ultimately, Id like 17x8 magnum 500's
    +1...

I am going to probably run the new mustang mach 1 wheels on my vic...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Isn't the Aviator a 5x5.5 with too much backspacing?

Edit- Aviator IS 5x4.5, but the wheels go for $200+/ea on eBay, so... um... no.
      Last edited by Freshmeat; 06-07-2006, 07:41 AM.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

it's explorer based and 5x4.5 gonna have to find the backspacing

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I found some 18" aluminum (stock) SportTrac wheels. I want.

18x7.5 5x4.5 I don't know offset.

What the fuck is offset, anyway?
          Last edited by Freshmeat; 06-07-2006, 01:02 PM.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Offset is how far the flange sits from the venterline of the wheel. Those look like IRS Sport Trac wheels, to run those you will need 1.25 or 1.5" spacers.
            http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
            http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

The guy with the Mustang shop said they'll fit. However, I didn't know there was an IRS SportTrac. I'll look into it.

Edit- they have a 44mm offset. If they're 7.5", centerline would be 3.5" add 44mm, puts it at 5.23" backspacing (did I do that right?). I'll run 1" spacers to be safe. I want these something fierce.
              Last edited by Freshmeat; 06-07-2006, 07:08 PM.

Comment

The newest sporttracs are IRS, they just redesigned them.

I think the new 500/Freestyle/Montego all run 5x114.3 bolt pattern as well. You can get a set of those for cheap with brand new tires on them. I found some mercury mariner/escape wheels that looked nice too. I just didnt like the idea of running spacers, puts more stress on the wheel bearings.
                -Matt
                1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Dude, get those Soft 8's in 17"....I wanna see how they look. :evil:
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat
                    Isn't the Aviator a 5x5.5 with too much backspacing?

Edit- Aviator IS 5x4.5, but the wheels go for $200+/ea on eBay, so... um... no.

I've seen Aviator wheels on a Mark VII and they fit perfectly. They look quite nice too.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Flat wheels = poo
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

I found some 255/45/17 and 245/45/17 in the garage. Two of each, both have roughly half tread and are in good general condition. So... 17" Soft 8s it is. Gotta remember the budget... and I don't like the idea of spacers either.

Dad's in the process of swapping his wheels to my wagon and mine to his. Only reason his wheels are going on my wagon is so I can at least have a roller until everything plays out. Depending on what Joe (Mustang shop guy) says about the Mustang, I may have the wheels ordered by the end of this week.

Oh- and to add to things, my dad informed me today that there's a tire mounter and bubble balancer at my grandfather's camp- just gotta go pick 'em up! Can you say, "Free installation"?

Comment

Sweet!
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

yes. give me dish or give me death!!!!!!!!
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The install stuff will be a great asset to Woody's Automotive
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I can always use the excuse to upgrade, so someone buy my wheels

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
                                X