No announcement yet.

Looking at head units...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i bought that same style of stereo but PIONEER DEH-P5900IB. got it for 150 shipped on ebay. and yeah you got ripped off. i bought all my wires at walmart cause its cheap and it works.
    sigpic
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

Or maybe...just maybe...the kit that doesn't come from Wal Mart is better???

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

how is a wiring kit gonna be better? you splice the wires from the radio to the harness and snap the plugs together. i have never had a problem with them except for the fact that some of our cars run a common ground.
        Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

this is the AMP INSTALLATION wiring kit Nate is talking about for 20 shipped - much better quality than the walmart stuff.. there IS a difference... the head unit install kits are all the same and should definitly be bought at walmart

this is all OFC high strand count cable and shielded RCA signal cables
          KLM 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit Includes

18 Feet 8 Gauge Metallic Blue KLM Power Wire

3 Feet 8 Gauge Silver Pearl KLM Ground Wire

One inline fuse holder with 50A AGU Fuse

One 5 Meter eKo InterKonnect Blue OFC RCA Cable with Built in Turn On lead

10 Feet BLUE Klear Kable OFC 16 Gauge Speaker Wire

2 Gold Plated 8 Gauge Ring Terminals, 2 Gold Plated 8 Gauge Spade Terminals

6 feet Split Loom and wire ties

Last edited by 85crownHPP; 09-16-2007, 02:03 PM.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

My laptop monitor must suck, I can't see the turn-on wire. I'm a firm believer in buying the best patch cord you can afford. My Vic seems to be very quiet when it comes to electrical noise. A few things you should never due to avoid noise has never been a problem in the Vic.

Comment

Some of the RCA cables will have the remote power wire in the middle. The cables in my S10 are that way.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Look what I done gotted today....:banana:

First one is the head unit--Pioneer DEH-P4900IB

Second is the amp/speaker wiring kit from Knuconcepts

Third is unrelated to this, but it came on the same day, so I figured I'd include it--got a new passenger side taillight from CheeseSteakJim to replace the one that's on the car now with a giant hole in it.
                Attached Files

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

whoah that speaker wire they gave you is huge!!
                  Save that for some subs lol... dont try to run that through the dash and doors. Get some wally speaky wire fa sho'
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Yeah, I'm getting some speaker wire along with the speakers and amp, so if you figger this stuff is way more gooder I'll hang onto it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                      Another thing I haven't figured out--if I want to run both dash speakers and door speakers, how would I connect that up? Dare I put them in parallel and run them off the head unit's front speaker outputs, or would 2 ohms be driving the head unit's amp too hard? Or should I run the dash speakers from teh front speaker outputs, the door speakers from the rear outputs, and the 6x9s off the amplifier?
                      I would just run the amp to the dash speakers...lol.

Concerning Sony head units: I am avoiding them like the plague. They used to have a high-quality head unit, but somewhere in the last few years they went to poop. I had a customer buy a top of the line Sony HU, face plate died 2 months later...lost the receipt, screwed, Ebay replacement worked for a week and a few days. This follows a string of failed Sony Xplode head units where either the faceplate failed, or the HU itself died (my sister went through 4 from BestBuy in her T-bird, they knew her on a first-name basis for a short time).
                      The best luck? Denon, Alpine, and Pioneer, along with a couple of JVC units (couldn't kill them). I will never own another Kenwood deck to save my life.

Comment

The setup I'm gonna go with is running the dash speakers off the head unit's amp and then both the door and rear deck speakers off the amp.

Comment

For SQ, better to run the front stage off the outboard amp, as long as the amp is better quality than the HU. Then run the rear speakers off the HU amp. In the Vic, I started out with matched coaxials, same brand and type, in the front doors and in the dash. 3 1/2" in the dash and 5 1/4" in the doors. Wired together, the dash speakers were too loud. Eventually, after a few more configurations, I then ditched them for a component set. 6 1/2" "S" size midbases in the doors and rear deck, with the rear tweets mounted next to the speakers in a special wood baffle, and the front tweets in the dash. Best sound setup ever. Almost went 5-channel when I had the Eclipse DVD head in there. Two kids and a new house later and I'm out of car audio. I now have a hopped up Power Wheels Barbie Jeep and a new Manco go cart to play with :smirk:

Comment

Working...
                          X