No announcement yet.

Anyone with tips on polishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, and I thought my Lincoln shined up pretty good...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

WOW Nate!
      what did you do to eet?
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Just waxed it with Nu Finish. Nothing complex. Paint's just in good shape is all.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

yea, sure is nice..great job mang.
          your face looks a lot different in that pic from when I saw you...something gray in the middle of it.
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
            it's the metallics that were clearcoat.....the clear is peeling off of mine and gadgets townys
            And my TC

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

UPDATE!!!

i only did the trunk cause i started to late. the sun was about to hit my trunk when i got done. it ain't the best job but i never have done this before. was kinda scared i would ruin it. anyways pictures speak louder than words so here ya go. the before and after shoot. i used turtle mild polish, sracth x and cleaner wax. and just a quick ? do i have to put on a regular wax? i sill dont know what cleaner wax is...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Rojas109; 08-09-2007, 04:29 PM.
              sigpic
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

WOW
                that really did make a difference!
                really brought out the metallic shine in the paint.
                no, you dont have to put on more Wax...Cleaner Wax is regular wax with some polishing agents in it....IIRC.

I just did some ScratchX and Cleaner Wax treatment to MAGNA's hood/trunk/top last nite..took me about 2hrs.
                its really cloudy today, so I'll wait for some sun before I snap some pics.
                sigpic
                1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I just waxed mine tonight... Meguair's 26 Hi Tech yallow wax. great stuff. Very easy to apply. I usually use a cleaner wax, but I didn't have any/ didn't feel like getting any.

Also, I seem to have some hardwater spots on it now too unfortunately.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    I just waxed mine tonight... Meguair's 26 Hi Tech yallow wax. great stuff. Very easy to apply. I usually use a cleaner wax, but I didn't have any/ didn't feel like getting any.

Also, I seem to have some hardwater spots on it now too unfortunately.

and thanks Colin. hopefully you can upload some pics later today. i wanna see that beast that you have all polished up.
                    sigpic

Comment

its not sunny out today at all...it sux....but when the sun hits it, my camera will too.

I see you still have some oxidation the trunk...still A LOT better than before...no question there.
                      Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 08-09-2007, 06:33 PM.
                      sigpic
                      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

thanks for the link Rojas...
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                          its not sunny out today at all...it sux....but when the sun hits it, my camera will too.

I see you still have some oxidation the trunk...still A LOT better than before...no question there.
                          yeah. about that... i ran out of time. i did focused on those oxidation spots but since i didn't start early enough the sun was approaching my trunk. and if a ask our garage is full of junk. (if ya note one of the pic you can c a B18A1 block and head) so i rushed it.

and P72Ford. the "splash" is just white distilled vinegar.
                          Last edited by Rojas109; 08-09-2007, 07:16 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

if you don't mind Rojas, I'm gonna jack your thread for a post.

it got nice and sunny out today...so I took some pics for you and Drock to see how hard I worked on it....used the ScratchX and then the Cleaner Wax(Meguiars).

closeup of the hood

Here's the Top

and a full pic...

for full res pics...you can see them on my supermotors page here...they're the last pics on there.
                            Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 08-10-2007, 11:44 PM.
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Wow, that came out excellent Rojas and Colin!

So, were you satisfied with the results using the scratch x by hand followed with the cleaner wax as I mentioned, Colin? It sure looks good on this end!

Oh, and if you want it to pop even more put a coat of that deep crystal #2 polish you have in the trunk over the cleaner wax, and last a coat of the deep crystal #3 wax (similar to #24 mentioned before, you don't need to do the whole car with the polish and wax toppers, just the upper half really.) - then it should really pop, as much as a non-metallic light color can that is!
                              -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                              My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                              Modifications
                              Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                                if you don't mind Rojas, I'm gonna jack your thread for a post.

it got nice and sunny out today...so I took some pics for you and Drock to see how hard I worked on it....used the ScratchX and then the Cleaner Wax(Meguiars).

closeup of the hood

Here's the Top

and a full pic...

for full res pics...you can see them on my supermotors page here...they're the last pics on there.
                                http://www.supermotors.net/mygarage/...1285&sID=31381
                                Really jealous really clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X