cop wheel covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, they do

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I've got the rims that'll accept it. trade you for the turbines if you pay shipping :heyhey:

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

The large polished caps are a different diameter than the smaller unpolished caps. The wheels required to run the smaller caps are different than those you use for the polished caps, in my experience.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Mine are official 90-97 cop car dog dishes as far as I know. Now whether my wheels would mount the older style non polished dog dishes, not really sure?
          I think they would work, but I'd want to try one on just to see!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mcninetyone; 09-20-2010, 11:42 AM.

Comment

dog dish, baby moons, poverty caps. IF you could find someone to trade you cop rims for the civi ones you'd still havta pay to have the tires swapped and balanced..unless you have access to a machine yourself. However if your going to do that you minus well go with the newer 16" cop rims and tires...much better handling.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

The 16" wheels don't take dog dishes though.
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

true, but you can get those bad-ass lug nut covers you have that i want
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

indeed! those are still available btw

Ive actually been temped to get the steelies off this aero cruiser at the junkyard for the p72... I have a set of those dog dishes already, so...!!!!!
                  *fights urge to spend*
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Those bad ass lug nut covers for the 16" steelies are not that hard to find, at least not around here.

Comment

I think the late-model centercaps look pretty good on 15" wheels.
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                        indeed! those are still available btw

Ive actually been temped to get the steelies off this aero cruiser at the junkyard for the p72... I have a set of those dog dishes already, so...!!!!!
                        *fights urge to spend*
                        How much $ for a set of dog dishes?
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I just bought some shouldered lugnuts and installed the chromed plastic Ranger truck center caps on my 1990 CV They look pretty good with the stock black steel rims.
                          Sorry no pics

Comment

The 1990 and 1991 wheels are different, too... the older style caps do not inter change. The caps on the 1990 and 1991 are bigger. So you have to take that into account, too...
                            Look at my caps (Below) And you will see the difference....
                            Pre 1990 Caps

\l/ My caps \l/

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                            Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X