Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
    $5 sealed beams for life.

I like their appearance too, since everything else is "modern" the old schoolies stand out a bit. Always makes me do a double take when I see them going down the road or in my mirror, gotta know what it is!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by piranah View Post
      Harumph, I meant to say HID, not projector. This light would not fit the bowl without cutting. I tried bending, but it wouldnt stay flat in the bowl unless I cut it. It was easy to modify, a few minutes with a Dremel and it was done.
      No, he meant projector. The projector is the lens in the housing you have... the HID is the bulbs you plan on getting.

I very much like the idea of HIDs on a box, but I want to find one with the outer edge halo instead of the round on the projector halo. I prefer the boxy look of it.

I have also noticed that the housings (Projector or not) for the aftermarket lights seem to need the bucket bent or cut depending on the model since none of them actually fit inside the size constraints of an old sealed beam bulb.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I probably wont do the halo for a little bit. Once I get the high beams and everything working correctly (high beams dont work right now) I will probably hook them up. When I pulled the old sealed beam, I found it was last replaced in the early 90s. Looking forward to the improved light output.

1990 Colony Park, with HO swap.

Previously:
        1990 Lincoln Town Car Cartier.
        88 CVLX
        01 Marquis

Comment

Did you test the halos on yours? I wasn't impressed with mine to say the least. They are barely visible during the day. I didn't bother hooking them up. I spoke to Dapper about it and they were suppose to release a newer version with better halos. I am wondering if your got upgraded.

Comment

I just ordered a set, I'll get pics when they arrive. Serge, do you have the halos on the parking lights?
            1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Got the other side installed. But when I turn the headlights on, both the low and high beams come on. But the high beams look like they are the low beams,but if I turn the high beams on, just the highs come on. There is a relay harness installed, is that what it's supposed to do? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141226_182431.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	1276898

Previously:
              88 CVLX
              01 Marquis

Comment

if the high beams are the 3-wire ones, they have a low setting as well... if they're just the 2-wire ones... something's wired wrong.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
                  I just ordered a set, I'll get pics when they arrive. Serge, do you have the halos on the parking lights?
                  I didn't bother hooking up halos. I tested them with some jumper leads when I initially put the lights in but left them unhooked otherwise.

Got the other side installed. But when I turn the headlights on, both the low and high beams come on. But the high beams look like they are the low beams,but if I turn the high beams on, just the highs come on. There is a relay harness installed, is that what it's supposed to do? [ATTACH=CONFIG]41700[/ATTACH]
                  Dapper has wiring info on their site. Perhaps this might help?

Dapper Lighting headlight kits embody the classic look while substantially upgrading the quality and spread of light.

I didn't have any problems with mine because i swapped complete wiring harness from a 96' so it was essentially plug and play.
                  Last edited by Mr Bean; 12-26-2014, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Got the other side installed. But when I turn the headlights on, both the low and high beams come on. But the high beams look like they are the low beams,but if I turn the high beams on, just the highs come on. There is a relay harness installed, is that what it's supposed to do? [ATTACH=CONFIG]41700[/ATTACH]
                    Had the same issue when I first put the H4/H1 setup in my wagon, corrected the wiring and it was fine. Did you repin the headlight connector?

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

no I didnt, how was it supposed to be pinned?

Previously:
                      88 CVLX
                      01 Marquis

Comment

Comment

are the 9007 bulbs different as well?

Previously:
                          88 CVLX
                          01 Marquis

Comment

Those projectors use 9006.

Comment

whoops, yea they do.

Previously:
                              88 CVLX
                              01 Marquis

Comment

I repined one side, and it did not light up at all, but when I did that, the other side, only the low beam lit up, which is what I want. Now, when I pinned it the way it was, both the low and high beams come on, but there is barely any light coming from the low beams. I can at least see when the lights are on now, but how the hell do I get just the low beams on? I am guessing the headlight relay was wired wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141229_165709201.jpg
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1276905Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141229_165715823.jpg
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1276906

Previously: