My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Alright, update time. I finally got Vicky to the dragstrip. It was super packed due to a rainy day on Tuesday. So I was only able to get one run in, 3 hours after I got there...

Well here's what she ended up doing. She ran a 15.5 @ 89.07mph. Her best yet. Sadly, no video this time. Next time I go I'll be sure to have someone filming. I'm pleased, but I know she can do better than that as is...

Nice!!! They actually let you guys run in the rain? Or did the track officials wait for a break and then dry the track?

Packman

Comment

Not bad, that's a bit quicker than I see myself running with the intake/carb swap.

Were you having traction issues? Shifting manually? Where was there room for improvement in your driving?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Packman, Tuesday was rained out, so everything from tuesday was combined with the events from Thursday so it was very crowded.
        Originally posted by johnunit View Post
        Not bad, that's a bit quicker than I see myself running with the intake/carb swap.

Were you having traction issues? Shifting manually? Where was there room for improvement in your driving?

I think I let off the throttle a little early. Plus I had a jumpy start since I heard a clunk when I started off (was the bottom of the jack launching off the spare tire area into the deck lid...) I shifted manually because the trans shifts too early otherwise...

Comment

Ah, I know that feel with the jack...

What's your preferred manual shift point currently?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
            Ah, I know that feel with the jack...

What's your preferred manual shift point currently?
            When his magical amp/shit light turns on.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

he has a shit light? not riding with John anymore.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                When his magical amp/shit light turns on.
                I take it a little further than that now. I figure it's about 5300rpm I let it shift. I do the no no 1D1 shuffle. It's the only way I can hold out 1st and 2nd to where I want to hold it. And the Car definitely goes better with 2nd held out.
                If I let the trans shift, it will shift at about 35mph WOT from 1-2. And 2-3 at 73. Holding the trans in gear I can wind out 1st to about 45 and it pulls strong about up to that speed, higher than that is just no point (that's normally where the amp light flickers on, I honestly don't know why, it's done that since I put the 3g in the car a few years back).
                And 'manual' 2nd gear I can wind up to about 80, before it just roars and doesn't pull.

I'm definitely doing a silverfox valve body as soon as possible because, the early shifting and the crappy downshifting is just annoying. And before any of you say it's a tv pressure issue, it's not...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  I take it a little further than that now. I figure it's about 5300rpm I let it shift. I do the no no 1D1 shuffle. It's the only way I can hold out 1st and 2nd to where I want to hold it. And the Car definitely goes better with 2nd held out.
                  If I let the trans shift, it will shift at about 35mph WOT from 1-2. And 2-3 at 73. Holding the trans in gear I can wind out 1st to about 45 and it pulls strong about up to that speed, higher than that is just no point (that's normally where the amp light flickers on, I honestly don't know why, it's done that since I put the 3g in the car a few years back).
                  And 'manual' 2nd gear I can wind up to about 80, before it just roars and doesn't pull.

I'm definitely doing a silverfox valve body as soon as possible because, the early shifting and the crappy downshifting is just annoying. And before any of you say it's a tv pressure issue, it's not...
                  15.5 isn't bad at all, 2 tenths faster then my 89 with similar mods at the time. I hear ya on the 1D1 shuffle, I cut my 87 down from a 16.4 to a 16 flat shufflin that poor mystery AOD that was in it.
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

So is it time to start trash talking about ScottFest next year?

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Next on the list is smog pump delete, I've been bullshitting around that for a while, it's been just an idler pulley basically so I can still use the a/c. However, I finally found out what belt I need to delete smog but keep the AC. So I'll do that Sunday. That'll give me a little more go, and a little less weight. Probably which I'll gain back whenever I do the damn ABS swap to it's final stage (whenever that will be). After that I'll get the valve body, and then retune the computer for the different cam, and 24lb injectors, whenever I get around to installing them...

I forgot to add that this run was on a stock tune. I haven't been running the modified tune since I did away with the explorer cam and the adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Comment

Ryan, the track better be fucking open next year. I was very disappointed that I didn't have a number to put next to the car that pretty much blew every other Panther out of the water at Scottfest this year.

Comment

you really are going to make me send that intake out for work, aren't you?
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It has to be open. Or we'll have children of the corn, part 2.
                            And then I can beat you.

-ryan s.
                            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

You won't beat me. Unless you get all 4 gears going in Marauder...

Comment

Slowest I ran was 15.1, FYC errr I.

-ryan s.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X