Clear All

I really like the look of the red.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

did a home bore job on the egr spacer out to 65mm, isn't perfect but for zero dollars i'm fine with it. Dremel bits, files, and finally, a cutoff wheel i ground down to 65mm. worked better than i thought.
      Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

little more painting. did the intake plate just like the other car but in red. Bought a HO cam and ecm from scott for the project. Gonna buy or borrow an engine stand soon so i can start working on the block. Just noticed i have the egr spacer on upside down in the pic, just sitting there though, not bolted on.
        Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

Project stalled for a while, but back on now. Finally borrowed an engine stand so i could actually be working on the damn thing. Cleaned up the block today, also ordered the rest of the stuff i need. Parts should be here by friday, then i'll start putting it back together. Only part i still need to find is a passenger side 1990 towncar exhaust manifold so i can use the p heads and bolt up to my current exhaust. So if anyone has one let me know.

Winter is more than over here, so as soon as its put together ill toss it in the wagon
          Attached Files

Comment

Installed some cheap digital gauges today. Water temp and oil pressure. Wanted to put them in before i pulled the motor to get a good idea of how the old one was. Temp was right at 190. Oil pressure was 50-55 cold, but once it heats up its down to 17 at idle, and thats when all the gaskets are spitting oil everywhere and making a big damn mess. Pressure sucks but it actually isn't as bad as i thought. When the motor in the merc acted like this one it was down to 6psi. Just a cheapo install on the gauges, everything about this car is somewhat half-assed, but i'll get some pics soon anyways.

Comment

17 psi hot idle is actually OK. Ford spec shows to check it at 2000 rpm. I think it wants at least 20 or 25 at that speed.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                17 psi hot idle is actually OK. Ford spec shows to check it at 2000 rpm. I think it wants at least 20 or 25 at that speed.
                hmm, not so bad after all i guess.

Also realized i never put a pic of my new hood ornament. From some big trophy i found.
                Attached Files

Comment

The eagle is popular lately around here.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

minimum oil psi spec is 10psi/1000rpm

Comment

Just checked my 1991 shop manual, hot oil pressure at 2000 rpm should be 40-60psi, though in reality 10 psi per 1000 is perfectly safe.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Pics of the gauges i put in, didn't put too much work into it. Made a pretty basic mounting plate and used a piece of brushed aluminum i had laying around for a face. Got a cd player that needs to go in soon too.

Also have a pic of the 140 speedo i put in, will need to come out eventually for repairs, the trip odometer doesn't work. Will need led's too of course.

When the new motor is going in i'll wire in the pin to the ecm harness for the fuel flow signal so i can put a tripminder in there somewhere. Drives me crazy not having one. Wont look that great without a place to put it, but i'll have one. Hate the 90-91 dash i've decided.

Also put new inner tie rod ends in, outers were replaced earlier. And a new(er) wiper motor so the wipers actually park now.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice digital gauges!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah. freakng nice.
                            ~David~

Comment

Alrighty, getting close now. Just need to install the lower intake and water pump (they are just sitting on the motor for paint in the pics). Also need to clean and paint the valve covers, and its pretty much ready to go.

Finally got to the painting part today, paint makes such a huge difference. Might be my favorite step. Not sure when i'll actually drop it in, maybe in a month when school is done, maybe sooner.

Pics!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looks great man, I like the ford red.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                                351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                                duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Working...
                                X