No announcement yet.

The F250 AKA "Pebbles"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon you've got a cool truck there! Seeing your pics make me miss my 2 old 72's and my 1970 Ford truck I use to have.

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
    To think they used to make a 250 with a 6cyl...
    They offered the 300 inline 6 in all the trucks F100 right thru the F600's. And the 300 was available until 1997.
    Last edited by Fordman75; 07-09-2008, 01:11 AM.

Comment

One of the many STUPID things Ford has done was to discontinue that 300 six.
      People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
          Now

Familiar photo location....
          1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
          FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Originally posted by fordktpjoe View Post
            One of the many STUPID things Ford has done was to discontinue that 300 six.
            That's for sure. The modular 4.2L V6 isn't much of a truck motor unless the truck is a manual and has low gearing.

And Jon's truck is awesome. It's like mine and how all trucks should be, stripped down with no girly features just what's needed to get the job done. I especially love the 4bbl inline 6 with 4.10 gears and the manual, must be a blast to drive and I bet it hauls like no other. Makes me want 4.10's and a rebuilt motor.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

great photos john i bet it so much fun driving that

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Now I want my 78 out here really bad. Not that I have time/money/place to work on it. Just the feeling.

1991 CV LTD LX Stock 5Xk

Comment

Bump, just because I can do it and get away with it.

Comment

What you should really do is come buy the truck. I know you want it. It beckons to you Larry.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Looks like my mom will be buying Pebbles from me, so it'll stay in the family!
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                        Looks like my mom will be buying Pebbles from me, so it'll stay in the family!
                        Thank God. I still don't have a free parking spot for the poor thing...and I want one so.

Comment

I think there is one for sale just outside of Madras coming in from Redmond. It's closer to the vintage you are looking at I think.
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                            I think there is one for sale just outside of Madras coming in from Redmond. It's closer to the vintage you are looking at I think.

When were you in Madras?

I'm not buying anything any time soon, due to still having parking issues, otherwise I would have already snapped up your truck. There was supposed to be some overflow parking opening up....however, the moment it opened up, it looks like someone parked their entire work-truck fleet in there....not happy.

Comment

Yesterday. But when I saw it was when I was here a couple months ago, probably still there too. I'm seeing a lot of projects for sale around here. Nobody can afford to finish them, which isn't surprising at all. There's a purple Roadrunner with a 4 speed and I dunno what engine (couldn't read the whole sign, went by too fast).
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Looks like Pebbles may be getting a 306. Stay tuned.
                                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Working...
                                X