No announcement yet.

The F250 AKA "Pebbles"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon if you can't figure out the issue with the Holley don't you have a motorcraft 2V on GL? The 2100/2150 2V carbs work great on the big ford 6's too. All it takes is a simple 4V-2V carb adapter.

Comment

Yeah I got the 2V too. But I don't have any immediate plans to put the 4bbl on the lincoln.

I tried tightening the walker Y pipe as tight as I could get it to the manifolds, damn thing still leaks around the flange. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and just have an exhaust built from the manifolds back. I tried loosening the manifolds and moving them around a little bit, but it doesn't help.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Jon, figured that's the situation, I've been there too and know exactly how it goes - it was more a friendly reminder than anything else

On the exhaust leak - I had the same issue with the 4x4, the damn downpipes would leak the manifold collectors, both of them too - I fixed it by sealing with some white stuff I found at the local parts store, tis meant for sealing cracks between different sizes of pipes when they don't match quite right, it comes in a fairly small tube and cost like $5-6 too, so maybe worth giving it a shot? It needs no mixing, no bandaging, just cleat up surface and have the engine slightly warm, but tis all there on the label of the tube.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
          manifold*
          He's using EFI 300 manifoldS, not the stock single piece.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
            Jon, figured that's the situation, I've been there too and know exactly how it goes - it was more a friendly reminder than anything else

On the exhaust leak - I had the same issue with the 4x4, the damn downpipes would leak the manifold collectors, both of them too - I fixed it by sealing with some white stuff I found at the local parts store, tis meant for sealing cracks between different sizes of pipes when they don't match quite right, it comes in a fairly small tube and cost like $5-6 too, so maybe worth giving it a shot? It needs no mixing, no bandaging, just cleat up surface and have the engine slightly warm, but tis all there on the label of the tube.
            You talking about muffler cement? My store sells that... I've never used it though. Looks like it'd come in useful at times.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            He's using EFI 300 manifoldS, not the stock single piece.
            Look I didn't know he was using the EFI manifolds, okay? Leave me alone ya big bully.

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln View Post
              Yeah I got the 2V too. But I don't have any immediate plans to put the 4bbl on the lincoln.

I tried tightening the walker Y pipe as tight as I could get it to the manifolds, damn thing still leaks around the flange. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and just have an exhaust built from the manifolds back. I tried loosening the manifolds and moving them around a little bit, but it doesn't help.
              go dual damned you!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                go dual damned you!
                Agreed, if you can find an exhaust shop that can sell you piping for cheap (like my local shop does, they even bend it and hardly charge me anything for it) running duals should be fairly low-cost.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                  You talking about muffler cement? My store sells that... I've never used it though. Looks like it'd come in useful at times.
                  maybe that's what it's called, don't remember and I ain't at home so I can't check for it, but it worked pretty good for me

Comment

I thought he'd want a single exhaust because that's better for torque. Even though I bet that motor makes gobbs of torque, more never hurt anyone who can control it

And there are longtube headers for the 300 inline 6 so couldn't you use one of those on that 240?

Also i'm slightly cornfused. Are you gonna get the 390 Holley working and use it or keep the Edelbrock on it and get a new carb for GL?
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I'm gonna stick with single exhaust. Headers are neat and all, but I'm not interested in spending the bank on them if I'm not gonna redo the whole engine with performance stuff.

IF I can get the 390 going, it'll go on the 240, and the edel will go on GL. If not, then I'll just keep using the Edel and figure out something else for GL, since the truck is gonna be my DD, GL is gonna sit until I can figure out what I'm gonna do with it.
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I take it as the Holley wasn't new when you got it? Just take it apart and clean it good, there ain't much to a Holley as far as fuel delivery goes, basically make sure all your air bleeds and vacuum and fuel passages are clean, and while you're at it change the power valve to something that better matches the vacuum readings you see.

Comment

Holley is a refurbishes from a dude on ebay, date stamp on the thing says 1957.
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Haha, yeah, I had some '60s Holley in my Chevy, once I got it dialed in it worked like a charm, it took a while to get to that point tho. Like I said take it apart and clean everything, let it soak in carb cleaner too, that oughta take care of clogs in you got some somewhere.

Comment

One thing i learned about buying something. Never trust someone elses work, Unless it's like one of you mang's. Well I should say i would trust a few of you mang's :P

Case to note my intake i bought. guy said it had a new thermostat in it. Anyways when i went to swap it out for a 195F one i looked at it said this things old as x mass hell i could open it by hand, which wasnt hard at all...
                              There where a few other instances but eh. I try not to dwell on them hehe.
                              People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Throttle cable hooked up, and the truck is ready to drive. I ended up having to turn the carb around so the primaries face the engine, otherwise the throttle cable bends up and over the valve cover, I don't want to put that kind of kink in it. Still have open exhaust and leaks at the flanges, but I gotta get it fixed somehow. Also got the a/f gauge and an O2 sensor, gonna hook those up, but I think the fact that there are leaks at the flanges may affect the readings.
                                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Working...
                                X