No announcement yet.

The F250 AKA "Pebbles"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could, now go pick up some hairy ladies!
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Mmmmmm I loves me some hairy ladies.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Okay, so I hooked up the a/f gauge. At idle (1000 rpm at the moment) it goes way lean, doesn't even show on the gauge, then when I rev it a little bit above idle, it goes rich. Someone give me some guidance here. I'm gonna try and get the 390 to work, maybe that would help a little.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Lower the idle speed to like 800rpms, then open up the idle screws a bit to fatten the idle. then swap the rods for something that has the same big diameter but larger tip.

Comment

Just to make sure, I put the Holley back on, and it runs great. Runs a little on the rich side, but that's a hell of a lot better than running way lean. I'll just fine tune the Holley and keep the Edel for GL.
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

figure out why the holley wasnt working?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Nope, no idea what the problem was. Now that I think about it, I didn't set the timing when I had the Holley on the first time, then I pulled it off, put the Edelbrock on and set the timing, maybe that had something to do with it.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Oh yeahm timing way off will cause a no-start condition easy. Glad you got the Holley running, methinks you'll be much much happier with it - now throw the vacuum gauge on it and figure out where you want your power valve to kick in, at $5 a piece at NAPA they're cheap enough to experiment a few times.

Comment

Took it out for a test drive today. Running WAY lean. Looks like there's gonna be retuning. I also realized I forgot to grease the throwout bearing, so it looks like I gotta pull the trans back and fix it :nonono: I can hear it whirring in there, so I know it wouldn't last long if I don't fix it.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

The F250 AKA &quot;Pebbles&quot;

Can't remember when I bought the truck. I think it was either January or February. Hmm. Will have to investigate further. Anyway, the pics from when I first got the truck.

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

To think they used to make a 250 with a 6cyl...
                        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                        1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                        1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Now

History and specs:

Built in December 1967 at the San Jose California plant.
                          Purchased in December 1967 in Pasco Washington @ Jerry Horrobin Ford
                          240 CID 6 cylinder with a Holley 4160/390 CFM, Clifford 6=8 intake (courtesy of Fordman)
                          HP: 135 (150, according to the sticker on the original air cleaner)
                          Paint: Pebble Beige
                          Interior: Medium beige/black
                          Wheelbase: 131"
                          4 speed Borg-Warner T18 transmission
                          Dana 60 locking rear, 4.10 ratio

Got to get updated engine pics. And some vids.
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

MMMMmmm, simple, the way god intended. Id spray the bumpers silver and leave the rest alone, it adds character. My buddy shot his tailgate with a 12ga to add "character". He took it off first of course.

Comment

Nice, Jon. The only thing that could make it better would be 4WD, and really tready tires. The wheel/ tire combo.... MMM...MMMMMM...MMMMMMMMMMMMM
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

The name makes me laugh tho. This burley truck with the name pebbles lol..

Comment

Working...
                                X