No announcement yet.

The F250 AKA "Pebbles"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capri, the 240 and 300 share the same block. So I could throw the internals from a 300 into a 240 and make it a 300. Or I could get a 300 and put the 240 head on it and increase the compression. Or, when I get done with it, me and P72 can go race and I'll humiliate him big time.
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Jon, flip that carb around - the way you have it now the throttle cable will be coming in from the passenger side, so you'll have to route it in something like an S-shape, also your primaries are closer to cylinders #3 and #4. When you turn the carb around the choke gets closer to the firewall (less wiring), the cable comes in from the driver side (so you only need to make one wide bend), and the primaries get positioned more towards the main intake log for better mixture distribution.

Comment

Getting close to putting it back in the truck. Also, the difference between old Ford blue and Ford blue isn't that drastic, but it looks okay in person.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Jon, is that bigass black filter for the gas? Also, where the hell do your alternator & PS pump attach to, I see no accessory mounting holes nowhere?

Comment

Yeah, the bigass black filter is for the gas lol

If the truck was optioned with PS, it would go on the left side of the block in front of the fuel pump, you can see the mounting holes in the side of the block for it. The alternator bracket attaches just under the exhaust manifold, you can see a bolt sticking out of the side.
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Wow, lookin' good mang!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                Wow, lookin' good mang!
                X2
                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

God damn it Jon stop posting so many fucking pictures. You're making me want to supe up my piece of shit 85's piece of shit 300.

Comment

damn thats purty!!!!!

maybe i SHOULD paint the race motor.
                    damn
                    yer puttin us all to shame!
                    /rick

Comment

First Time I've seen this. Awesome Jon. I would have painted that valvecover black for some contrast, but it still looks great.
                      sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
                      Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
                      Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
                      1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                        God damn it Jon stop posting so many fucking pictures. You're making me want to supe up my piece of shit 85's piece of shit 300.
                        The 300 is not a POS, but the intake and exhaust bolted to them is. Ever drive an EFI 300? They run circles around the 1bbl versions.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That engine's beautiful GL. You got headers for that too? That is going to be a beastly DD (if that's the plan). You can go in a lot of directions with that truck.

Packman

Comment

I tossed the stock exhaust for a set of 300 EFI manifolds.
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              The 300 is not a POS, but the intake and exhaust bolted to them is. Ever drive an EFI 300? They run circles around the 1bbl versions.
                              You misunderstood. I call it a piece of shit not because it's a 300, but because it has somewhere in the ballpark of 270,000 miles on it and there really isn't much left to it.

Comment

mmm ford blue.... reminds me of my 77's paint....

so are you going from a 1bbl to a 4bbl??
                                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                                sigpic
                                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                                X