My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
    Seems like a lot of money for a limited slip. That one is for 31 spline axles though, i believe we have 28 spline.
    Yeah im going to see if i can find one cheaper and make sure it will fit etc, just a thought i would love to have a posi. Sorry to kinda thread jack but that burnout vid got me thinking. I have seen a lot of nice mercs on this site and everyone has been very helpful.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Exhaust Leak

My exhaust developed a leak right where the flange for the cat back is welded (drivers side only). Looks pretty big. I have one more day of school then the car will sit for a month hopefully in that time I can get around to installing my headers and hi flow catted h pipe and then have a shop make the pipes from the h pipe to the rest of the exhaust up and I will be back in business. That is what I want to do, don't know what will actually happen though.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

damn. That's pretty big.

Looks like you'll have to dump it after cats for a while.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

something tells me its not supposed to look like that
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

All fixed

After my dad came home from work we took my car to his friends shop to get the exhaust fixed. We cobbled together bits and pieces of stuff to just adapt it to the current exhaust setup. Drivers side we used an old flange with a couple of inches of pipe and slipped it right into my cat back and clamped it in (my catback is 2 ¼ inches while the piece we slipped in was less I suppose). Of course the passengers side broke in the process so we rigged something up for that and welded it back together. Nice and stock sounding again. I am pleased even though I wanted to install headers etc..

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Trunk Muncher Bench Test

I received the parts for a trunk muncher from Brandon today. I opened everything right up and did a quick bench test to familiarize myself with how the things works. Everything is from a 1990 Lincoln Town Car.

First without the upper trunk latch switch

http://static.photobucket.com/player...r/MOV02580.flv

Then with the switch wired up. Looks as if I only needed two of the three wires out of the upper trunk switch to operate the trunk muncher. Good. lol

http://static.photobucket.com/player...r/MOV02581.flv

I was actually using power as the trigger for the motor in the first video, but when installed in the car the trigger for the motor will be a ground coming from the sensor switch on the upper trunk latch like shown in the second video.
              ~David~

Comment

Yup just two. As i remember, the upper switch is just a switch to ground that tells the muncher it needs to stop in the closed position.
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                  Yup just two. As i remember, the upper switch is just a switch to ground that tells the muncher it needs to stop in the closed position.
                  Yep it seems to operate exactly like that. I guess the third wire I have coming out of mine would be for that anti theft module thingy?
                  ~David~

Comment

That sounds very familiar, so probably
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

~David~

Comment

trunk muncher? That ain't no trunk muncher, it's a hooker compacter... and you claim to be from NY?! lol

Comment

Well if you insist.
                          ~David~

Comment

Well I test fitted the motor bracket and it does not have the same contour of the trunk so I am in need of a box Townie trunk muncher motor bracket before I can progress with the trunk muncher install.
                            ~David~

Comment

New Development

The car may be painted within the month. Old guy Lester got fired and a new guy is coming into the shop where I was doing the body work. The main guy that was helping me out said to throw the new guy 10 an hour to get my car done.. I hate to be away from my car especially with a new guy but I think I am gonna go for it and see what happens. The car has been disassembled since February I am getting tired of looking at it all apart...Stay tuned.
                              ~David~

Comment

Nice! With the ridiculous amount of work you've put into accessories and such, this'll be one of the nicest cars on the site once the paint is one colour.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                                X