No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is true, the '85 will be feeling electro-envy soon if he keeps up!!
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
      Nice! With the ridiculous amount of work you've put into accessories and such, this'll be one of the nicest cars on the site once the paint is one colour.
      Thanks...We will see what actually happens though...I am hoping for the best no matter what.

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
      This is true, the '85 will be feeling electro-envy soon if he keeps up!!
      lol I guess I will fully allow the cat out of the bag you bean spiller you..

For those that don't know I will also be installing a underhood fuse box like 85crownHPP has done. Can't wait to get rid of those nasty fusible links.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Removed the aluminum door sill plates as well as the aluminum rocker moldings and clips. I polished everything up and wrapped them in newspaper to keep them clean while in my room. I also fitted the hood ornament because I never did fit it after the header panel was repaired and that is something I do not want to mess with after the car is painted. All I had to do was file the main hole a bit bigger and drill out one hole a bit wider. Easy as cake, but would never even fathom doing it with fresh paint.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

When are you painting your CV? I believe you said you're painting it brown again, are you going to do a different shade or add some flake in there?

Packman

Comment

Yeah i'd like to get it done in a nice dark chocolate brown with some flake in there so it sparkles nice in the sun.....I hope to get it done this month but who knows...I should just man up and throw down the 4+g's it would cost to get it done asap...but I am waiting it out to get it done a hell of a lot cheaper but with the same quality of work. Patiently waiting will save me BIG bucks in the end even though I spent WAY too much on the car to date and it is only the beginning.
            ~David~

Comment

Nice!!!! I hope to do the same for Putter Project. I just don't know if the CV motor swap will come first or not.

Packman

Comment

Nice man. I can't wait to see it after it gets painted. It'll look real good with some flakes in there. Keep up the good work man!

Comment

Just ordered a pair of door panel pull handles as well as synthetic fiber carpet padding from JcWhitney because local places had nothing comparable. I also ordered a power window motor kit as well as a heater core flow restrictor from Late Model Restoration. $250 for everything...my wallet is taking a beating.
                  ~David~

Comment

What is a "heater core flow restrictor" (other than a device to restrict heater core flow) and where does it go?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                      What is a "heater core flow restrictor" (other than a device to restrict heater core flow) and where does it go?
                      It severely disrupts the flow of coolant in the heater core ensuring one does not blow the heater core up under high RPM. It goes into the inlet hose of the heater core. The one I purchased looks like this:

Basically a stupid piece of plastic.

I blew my heater core again (saw coolant coming from the heater core weep hole while the car was on the lift getting the exhaust repaired) so I figured I would do it right this time and try to prevent another blown core. I will make it through the winter just fine but in the summer I will change it.
                      ~David~

Comment

I ran the signal wire and the power wire for my trunk muncher install this morning. The signal wire is routed from the lower trunk latch across the trunk floor (underneath the carpet) and ran along inside the loom for the trunk popper on the passengers side trunk hinge all the way to the upper trunk latch. For power, I just stole that off of my amplifier and put an in line fuse in and ran it to the lower trunk latch. Not sure what size fuse to use yet. Nothing will look out of place once the install is compete. It will look like it belongs. I cant wait!
                        ~David~

Comment

:woot: Some goodies arrived today!

~David~

Comment

current motors no good?
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              current motors no good?
                              No they are fine. I learned to purchase new ones though because when my father installed new dew wipes as well as window channel moldings on his Mustang, the motors he had could barely push the windows up because everything was so tight. My car already has new dew wipes installed and will get new window channel moldings so I want to be safe. Plus this car is getting every little thing new thrown at it. This is not a cheap operation, my car is my number 1.
                              ~David~

Comment

Trunk Muncher Install

Today I received a shit load of goodies from Pete (85crownHPP) as well as JC Whitney:

Just look at them all. The two lower boxes are my 1/2 inch synthetic fiber carpet underpadding and there is my new door pull straps and fuse box as well as other stuff!

Now on to the second official trunk muncher install on a Box Crown Victoria.

Here is the thread that inspired me to install the all mighty trunk muncher courtesy of Pete:

And here is my thread trying to get the low down about the install:

To install the muncher I first needed a new bracket because the bracket from the 90 town car I got was way off. The bracket I used was from a Box Town Car (89 and down). And the motor I used was from a 90 Town Car. It has the P shaped latch that works perfectly.

New bracket (89 and down Town Car) is the silver one:

I also needed a Mark VII upper latch switch because that has a mounting/ground hole that just happens to fit in a little crevice in the upper trunk latch. The upper latch switch from the 90 Town Car wouldn't have worked anywhere.

The Mark VII switch is the white one, while the 90 Town Car (possibly all Town Car's) is the black one:

All I needed to do to install the muncher was to run a ground for the upper switch as well as a signal from the upper switch to the lower motor. The lower motor then only had a constant power and a ground. That easy!

A picture of the upper latch with the switch installed:

A close up of how the Mark VII switch is installed:

And some pics of the motor in place:

And finally a video of it in operation:

Trunk Muncher Video
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X