My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
    damn dude, I always use not having a garage as an excuse as to why i cant do certain things, but now i see have to step things up.
    I have a garage, but it is full of my dads "projects" so most all of my work is done in the driveway. Although it is nice in the winter to be able to have some heat to get the fingers working.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
      damn dude, I always use not having a garage as an excuse as to why i cant do certain things, but now i see have to step things up.
      I don't fuck around.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

87 Specific Police Gauge Pod Arrival

My babies came in today. The bezel will be sent out to be blasted and will be refinished with some interior trim paint. It is going to look sweet.

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Dinosaur bones!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

my 84 ex cop car didnt have those gauges.....it had two mounted below the headlight switch that i would get my knees on all the time

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
              Dinosaur bones!
              Yes, accompanied by various other pelvi.

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              my 84 ex cop car didnt have those gauges.....it had two mounted below the headlight switch that i would get my knees on all the time
              Boy that is a shitty spot. Funny that you mention it because that location was not mentioned by Neums: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=33820
              ~David~

Comment

I am off of school for a week. Lets see how many things I can cross off of my list:
                1. Remove stock 2g alternator charge harness.....Complete
                2. clean up all under hood .....Complete
                3. relocate headlight relays into under hood fuse box.....Complete
                4. install k&N Air filter.....Complete
                5. install temperature and oil senders.....Complete
                6. install police 86-87 gauge panel.....Complete
                7. install dual gauged 140MPH speedometer.....Complete
                8. install heater core.....Complete
                9. make my ac compressor work again.....Complete
                10. clean carpet.....Complete
                11. install sound deadening under carpet.....Complete
                12. install carpet under padding.....Complete
                13. install battery hold down.....Complete
                14. remove old oil and water gauge .....Complete
                15. remove old amp gauge.....Complete
                16. relocate volt meter gauge from under ash tray to new police gauge panel.....Complete
                17. install new ash tray.....Complete
                18. Install 1986 specific heater pipes and lines with flow restrictor.....Complete
                19. Paint police gauge pods.....Complete

I am probably forgetting some stuff. At least I will be kept busy.
                ~David~

Comment

that car will look awsome when painted. i was also starring t the rear of your car and them newyork plates look cool. i would love to drive my lincoln right through times square and other iconic areas. you should take a trip through NYC with your vic when its done, bet it would turn heads and you should take some good pics too when its done...ill shut up now lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Do you need an oil pressure sensor extension/adapter? I have a couple truck ones.

Do you plan to fish out the whole charge harness, all the way through the header panel around to the battery? Its wrapped up pretty tight in there!
                    In the p72 I left the main part and just removed everything that was draped across the engine bay (due to laziness) and tucked away both ends.
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                      that car will look awsome when painted. i was also starring t the rear of your car and them newyork plates look cool. i would love to drive my lincoln right through times square and other iconic areas. you should take a trip through NYC with your vic when its done, bet it would turn heads and you should take some good pics too when its done...ill shut up now lol
                      Thank you so much.

My car will never step foot in NYC though. I worked in the heart of the city on quite a few occasions and it is just insane the amount of people. The car would be scratched to all hell, it is literally impossible to make a turn in the city because people are always crossing the streets and it is REALLY scary to drive there. Of course there are lanes but everyone is criss-crossing that it is not even worth it. I have enough trouble with people driving like assholes just trying to make it to school on a daily basis. I would never bring my pride and joy to its potential demise. Yes it would be cool as hell to get some pics and stuff, but it is just not safe or realistic.

Oh and not only will the car look good but the car is built correctly with a lot of time and well thought out upgrades installed that really will puts the car on another level.

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                      Do you need an oil pressure sensor extension/adapter? I have a couple truck ones.

Do you plan to fish out the whole charge harness, all the way through the header panel around to the battery? Its wrapped up pretty tight in there!
                      In the p72 I left the main part and just removed everything that was draped across the engine bay (due to laziness) and tucked away both ends.
                      I have an adapter lying around here. I pulled it from ez pull roughly one year ago lol

And I will not be removing the entire harness, like you said it is wrapped up REAL tightly. I am just chopping the ends as they enter into the header panel and tapping up the harness like nothing was ever touched.
                      ~David~

Comment

K&N Air Filter, Police Gauge Panel Fitment, Relocation of headlight relays.....

....removal of 2g charge harness and new battery hold down install.

Panel sandblasted:

Had to do some more cutting to get the 86-87 panel to fit. It is obviously bigger than the old 88-89 panel I had installed. I just had to make some brackets and everything is snug! I still have to paint the panel as well as the edges of the dash piece so everything looks like it belongs.

Popped in my K&N air filter. Fit like a glove!

Here is a view looking into the air box:

And most of my time spent today was on removing the old 2g charge harness and re-locating the headlight relays into my under hood fuse box.

The new hold down:

Made in the U.S.A.

The hold downs:

The old battery hold down:

The fuse box with the relays. That one empty slot you see of the normal size fuses will be used to house something sneaky:

General clean up pics of the charge harness removed:

Tomorrow I want to remove the water temp. gauge as well as the oil psi gauge and install the new electric senders and the new ash tray.
                        ~David~

Comment

Dammit Dave! You make me feel like I'm slacking off... lol I need to clean up under some hoods myself...
                          Excellent work as always!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

you really make me want to go outside and just do something, I don't care what. And I also did not know that the 86-87 panel was made of metal. I really want to go to SF just to see the car in person....in a new paint job lol
                            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Where did you get that under hood fuse box from? I want to clean up under the hood too. I want to do the headlight relay harness. I want to get rid of that damn 2g wiring. FUUCKK!!! lol. You're way ahead of me on a bunch of stuff on your car. BTW, is that new gauge pod gonna get in the way of the ATC sensor in the dash that you relocated?

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                                Where did you get that under hood fuse box from? I want to clean up under the hood too. I want to do the headlight relay harness. I want to get rid of that damn 2g wiring. FUUCKK!!! lol. You're way ahead of me on a bunch of stuff on your car. BTW, is that new gauge pod gonna get in the way of the ATC sensor in the dash that you relocated?
                                Pete pulled it for me from a 1993 or so Panther. I think the new gauge pod should clear. It will be close though, but i had some room with the old one installed so I should be okay.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X