No announcement yet.

Neums' 1986 Chicago PD project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does, doesn't it? I'd suggest some '98 wheels, but that wouldn't do at all for this project.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Awesome looking car! Congrats... Can't wait to see it in person this year at Chicagoland!

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        It does, doesn't it? I'd suggest some '98 wheels, but that wouldn't do at all for this project.
        The wheels will be painted silver and I have an NOS set of dog dishes to put on them. (same style as in the picture, but much nicer)

Comment

Silver? I didn't know any cop vehicles of the era ran with silver wheels.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Beautiful.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

Pete
              Originally posted by gadget73
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

it turned out real nice!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Never liked the view from the back seat though

Pete
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I got the side molding (door guards) installed last week.

Passenger side front door finished:

Four excellent door panels (thanks to monterey1962 for finding them for me). I replaced the carpet sections on the two front panels because they had map pockets which weren't correct for my car, then spray dyed all four panels. They look brand new now:

Next big project will be getting these split benches recovered with new vinyl:

Comment

CPD looks great! Still got a little more to do till it's finished, but you are going at it pretty fast and should be done soon I hope. It'll be nice to have a newer Ford in the convoy!

Comment

You can get all of the bumper fillers installed in the meantime! Looking great
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I scored another NOS belt molding, this one for the right back door, so I was able to get another door finished.

Still need the moldings for the left doors though.

Comment

Nice to see a box with such clean door jambs. The new brightwork looks great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by neums View Post
                              I scored another NOS belt molding, this one for the right back door, so I was able to get another door finished.
                              Yeah glad someone from here saw it and purchased it. 31 dollars for it was a steal.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Yeah glad someone from here saw it and purchased it. 31 dollars for it was a steal.
                                I agree! I found the left front today at Green Sales ($80.00 plus shipping). Now I have a project for next weekend getting the driver's door finished.

Comment

Working...
                                X