1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a very nice Lincoln.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Sweet, Mark VIIIs are very nice.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Hi all. I'm back :woot:

Had some sunshine today, finished work early, had a drive home in my gorgeous Lincoln mark 8 - does life get any better?!!

Ultimatum from my Lovely Wife..."get that woody wagon finished will you or else"..........Oh dear.

So, out with the hair dryer and scraper and hammer and dolly.

More "wood" removed and adhesive and 2 hours tapping and scraping and tapping and scraping, oh,...and levering and we have an almost straight rear quarter around the old marker light hole.

Bit more tapping, scraping and levering to do tomorrow and its light hole welding up time. Then its back to reshaping the lower quarter to match the other side and its inner wheelarch removal time.

Hopefully in no time at all, I can get the doors in the garage, get the handles and locks welded up, and all painted and we are getting somewhere near the final paint job.

Just a thought...........May, just may, put a quad cam 4.6 engine and box into it along with all the electronics. the one in my Lincoln is gorgeous!

Andy.

PS Good to be back!
        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Looking forward to every update Andy!
          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

Thanks Goodsamaritan

Thanks guys!

Here we go with my favourite tool! My neighbour hating, damn noisy but brilliant air saw!

Spot welding a closing panel in tomorrow.

Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

nice

you should do suicide doors next
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Suicide doors eh? Nice thought........

Next update then:
                Finally managed to make up and spot weld in a joddled patch.

And managed to repair my MIG welder tonight (veteran of years of abuse!!). So its back to welding up the holes tomorrow and then I'm going to cut the hell out of the inner wheelarch!!

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

WTF is that tool you are using??? it looks like the bastard child of a welder and a rivet gun!
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

its a spot welder. i cant remember the real name for it though lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

it looks like the results are awesome. That looks like a cinch to smooth out.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

It is indeed a spot welder. Expensive and heavy but damn good.

Andy
                        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Never seen a spot welder before? They have them (where else?) at Harbor Freight. You can't see it, but there's another arm going around the inside of the car and it creates a weld between the two arms. Here's a smaller one.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	164687_lg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	1264494
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

This might be a bit of a thread hijack here Andy, but then again it might turn out to make an interesting addition to your project.

Has anyone else noticed the similarity in shape between the shape of the sheet metal behind the wagon taillights and the ones used on older wagons/bronco's from the 60's + 70's?

I couldn't find a pic of the ones I wanted at the moment, but I wonder if some nice brandy new reproduction lights for an older model wouldn't fit and give the rear a different look.

EDIT- it looks like the 67-77 pickup/econoline/bronco's have similar lights and shared some with the wagons, but I can't find any pics of one with the taillights removed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	markerpanel3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1264493

Last edited by GoodSamaritan; 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM.
                            Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                            AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                            Open/Lock/Ratio #
                            -----------------------
                            G / H / 2.26
                            B / C / 2.47
                            8 / M / 2.73
                            7 / - / 3.07
                            Y / Z / 3.08
                            4 / D / 3.42
                            F / R / 3.45
                            5 / E / 3.27
                            6 / W / 3.73
                            2 / K / 3.55
                            A / - / 3.63
                            J / - / 3.85

Comment

^i like that idea, would look slick!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Not familiar with those lights - being in the UK.
                                Any photos for me?

A day off work at last and got the hair dryer and scraper out. Most of the "wood" off the drivers rear quarter now. Just the sticky glue left!!

Before anyone asks, the gas filler cap is also stripped of the wood stuff - although its still brown!!

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X