The tale of the 87' Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drop mounts are an option too.

It's probably ungodly expensive but the body line-based hood raising is something I've considered before and should look good.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

It does. I wish I could have bought that towncar. EFI 351W. Body was rough though. Not much left of the rear quarters.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Nice. Please tell me you are installing it with those valve covers.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
          Oh Jesus. I better step it up than.
          I cannot wait to see/hear this. Actually, I could probably hear this from my house.

-ryan s.
          I think an M112 will make the Marauder easily keep up.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

An M112 and some woodgrain to keep up with the style.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think you should woodgrain the blower.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by svt98t View Post
                i think you should woodgrain the blower.

-ryan s.

this!!!!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

No way in hell it's fitting under the hood. From my measurements, the entire pulley and all of the snout and possibly the very top of the blower will be sticking through. Looks like I may have to run a 3/8th intake spacer to fully clear the distributor. Should be interesting.

I need to figure out what accessories brackets I'll have to run. I have a fox w/p and crank pulley and they line up perfectly. 91 Cougar brackets and 97 Explorer brackets put the belt about an inch or so to far inward. Stock box pullies are about half an inch to far out. I'll have to go to the junkyard and grab some F150 brackets and see how they fit.
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

If so, dont cut upyour hood! Get another hood to put a hole in!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

It's just a hood. I do have a spare. Also debating if I should even bother advancing the cam at all. Might just put it in straight up. But I may advance it 4*. I can't decide.
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Flip a coin.
                        Or just advance it anyways.

-ryan s.
                        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                        Originally posted by pantera77
                        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

On a spare hood you should put on of those bond-on cowls on it, the ones that are 2 or 2.5" tall, whatever you need. Bolt-on would be easier but I don't know of any bolt-on cowl scoops. At any rate it'll be nice to have to vent out the extra heat, i'm gonna get a cowl hood for my truck soon to vent heat and my Suburban.

I've been wanting one for my Lincoln too, wich I could do bodywork then i'd get a couple junk hoods and make one extending the stock raised center section like mentioned before, that'd look sick since the Lincoln's center section is more protruding than the Vic/GM.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Whoa!!! When did this happen? Getting all warm and tingly thinking about what that's gonna run/sound like.

Packman

Comment

there will be enough torque from that pump on top that advancing the cam is probably not neccesary.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                there will be enough torque from that pump on top that advancing the cam is probably not neccesary.
                                Exactly my thought!

I noticed that this engine didn't have the oil chucker, just the bolt and washer on the cam. It's definitely never been apart before, I guess some engines just didn't get them?

Comment

Working...
                                X