The tale of the 87' Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    So do you like the power it has? How about some videos?
    It moves pretty good for what it is. I'm planning on taking it to the local 1/8 in a few weeks when it opens. I don't like to push it to hard because the lopo knock is getting a little worry some. I'll get some vids soon.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

And yes, it was warm. The exhaust holds a ridiculous amount of condensation.
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Any idea why it idles so high?
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Sounds tough! Awsome man

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
          351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
          duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
            It moves pretty good for what it is. I'm planning on taking it to the local 1/8 in a few weeks when it opens. I don't like to push it to hard because the lopo knock is getting a little worry some. I'll get some vids soon.
            I thought this was an HO?
            ....Or it's an HO conversion, and the wear was already there from it's time as a LOPO?
            Former panther owner
            1981 CV 351 4bbl
            1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Very nice!

Is the Edge yours also?

2003 Mercury Marauder 300A - Black on Black, Original Owner 70xxx miles. 1 of 470 Canadian Marauder built!
              Mods: Martyo Fender badges, JLT CAI, SS Inserts
              Click on the Marauder for more pictures and stats!

Comment

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post
                I thought this was an HO?
                ....Or it's an HO conversion, and the wear was already there from it's time as a LOPO?
                Ya, it's a converted lopo. It's not that really that bad, but I got to make sure it will last at least a few passes at the track.
                Originally posted by Peter View Post
                Very nice!

Is the Edge yours also?
                That's my mom's. Oddly enough, the wagon almost equaled it's gas mileage on the trip back.

Comment

Hmmm

Hmmmmmmm

Comment

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ooo... I like that idea... replace the idiot lights with real gauges on the stock panel.

*hmms*

Whatcha gonna do about the check engine hole?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                        Whatcha gonna do about the check engine hole?
                        He's going to put a couple of glowing 'eyes' in there, as if someone....or something is watching him as he drives.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                        Pirate likes it?! Damn it must be good.
                        I've owned eight Box wagons, and I've had a lot of fun in a few of them. I've actually used the '88 I owned as a camper a couple of times; fold the back seat down, put a dark towel across the back window, put some pillows near the tailgate, put some bedding on the floor, turn the radio on to something relaxing, stretch out and go to sleep. I went camping in this car twice, and if I get another one, I'll do it again. There's something comforting knowing a bear has to get through some pretty heavy glass and sheetmetal before he can take a swipe at me.

I think the car only needs two more exterior mods: Magnum 500 wheels, and lowering it couple of inches (yep, I said it once again....that thing is sitting at nosebleed height).

Comment

^^damn right! the wagon is very comfy for sleeping.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nice wagon!

if mine was one, I would keep it!

Comment

Now you need a pic of your entire fleet.
                              And i want to take it for a spin sometime!
                              Looks awesome mang!!!

-ryan s.
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Well haven't done to much to it lately. Swapped out the auto mustang computer with a D9S. That seemed to fix 3 of the really wired quirks (idle would shoot up to 2700 and stay there randomly while driving. Turning the ignition on then off would fix it, or the opposite, idle would drop to 500 and it's run like only 4 cylinders were firing. Same thing, on then off then good to go, and the last and most annoying, when ever it was cold, it'd always try and stall out when it first started, restart it and it'd be good as can be)

Unhooked and plugged the leaky parking brake release, put a new radio/havc surround in, and changed out the ugly generic yellow coil with my nice red MSD one.

If the weathers nice, taking it to the 1/8 tomorrow to see what she'll run. I want a 10.5 or better damn it.

Comment

Working...
                                X