The tale of the 87' Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post

If the weathers nice, taking it to the 1/8 tomorrow to see what she'll run. I want a 10.5 or better damn it.
    I think it will pull the front wheels through the 60-ft. lights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
      I think it will pull the front wheels through the 60-ft. lights.
      Lulz. It won't even chirp them from a dead stop. Once it wakes up it pulls good but it's still probably barley better than a stock exploder engine....

It was rained out anyways...
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Next wednesday, i'll go with !!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

that coil was an accel more than likely

Comment

Lulz. It won't even chirp them from a dead stop. Once it wakes up it pulls good but it's still probably barley better than a stock exploder engine....

It was rained out anyways...
            Okay, then it will hydroplane the front wheels through the 60-foot lights.

Comment

I was close, best was a 10.6. This things a turd burglar off the line. It's dead as a rock until it hits 30 or so. It A. Needs more gear, and B. needs more stall. But since neither of those are something I want to do in my garage, I need to think of something else.
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

What was the trap speed on your run?

and what is going on with your gauge install? I am really curious to see how you made out.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

But since neither of those are something I want to do in my garage, I need to think of something else.

A 408W will work.

Otherwise....you're stuck there until at least the gears are swapped, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    What was the trap speed on your run?

and what is going on with your gauge install? I am really curious to see how you made out.
                    67something

And I haven't even touched the gauges since that pic

A 408W will work.

Otherwise....you're stuck there until at least the gears are swapped, lol.
                    I think a 306 with some aftermarket heads would be more than enough for me. I don't need a rocket, just something that could pull low 15's high 14's and still be reliable enough and get good enough gas mileage to be a daily driver/cross country cruiser.

Exhaust is next up on my list, it just has stock fox headers, and custom bent 2" duals with no crossover.

I did do a little work on it though. I know the stock airbox is supposed to be able to handle this much power, but it's so ugly and in the way it just needed to die. So I made a somewhat-legit cold air intake. It's not the best, but at least it pulls in cold air and cost nearly nothing and doesn't look to ricey.

Comment

Hey I like that. It looks exactly like the K&N kits made for Whale Panthers.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I think a 306 with some aftermarket heads would be more than enough for me. I don't need a rocket, just something that could pull low 15's high 14's and still be reliable enough and get good enough gas mileage to be a daily driver/cross country cruiser.

Exhaust is next up on my list, it just has stock fox headers, and custom bent 2" duals with no crossover.
                        You're seriously going to need at least a 3.55 gear back there, 3.73's preferred. So far as mileage is concerned, ask some others here how the gear swaps affected their mileage.

Mine improved.

Comment

You're seriously going to need at least a 3.55 gear back there, 3.73's preferred. So far as mileage is concerned, ask some others here how the gear swaps affected their mileage.

Mine improved.
                          It already has 3.55's and a trac-loc. That's why I'm not going to jump to 3.73's right away.

And I know with my 91 going from 3.08's to 3.55's didn't hurt the mileage at all.

Comment

Comment

4.10gear and a converter will wake that up alot

Comment

I was close, best was a 10.6. This things a turd burglar off the line. It's dead as a rock until it hits 30 or so. It A. Needs more gear, and B. needs more stall. But since neither of those are something I want to do in my garage, I need to think of something else.
                                i can definately help you out on those, if you so chose....

-ryan s.
                                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                                Originally posted by pantera77
                                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X