No announcement yet.

The tale of the 87' Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know how you feel, the Cougar I bought has been garaged also. I still miss the wagon. Nice to know it's in good hands.

I got the 67 Cougar out of the PO hands just in time. He's a bonafied Chevy guy that didn't have it's best interests in mind. Btw, I still have a few more pieces for the wagon. Lower tailgate trim for one.
    When it warms up, I'll see what else I have and let you know. Take care, Brucs
    sigpic
    Current Rides
    67 Cougar XR7
    97 Mountaineer 5.0
    03 Ranger XLT

Comment

I wasn't really happy with how the gauge cluster was turning out so I think I'll try something else. I really want to put a set of 2 1/16 gauges in the "ride engineered" plate.
      I think these would work good, as I want them to be electric.

Then again, I really like this, I just don't know where I could mount it. Maybe on the dash pad?
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Great looking wagon! Any more plans on the performance mods? (gears/stall)
        Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Blue View Post
          welcome to GMN!
          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
          1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Blue View Post

Right now, not really. It will get some minor things this year, MAF swap, different headers, electric fans, etc... Nothing that special.

I'm not going to do anything major to the engine in it right now. It's still the stock lopo short block, and I just happen to have a bare 302 laying around so when the time comes, it's getting build from the ground up.

Now that it's not my daily driver and just a nice weather cruiser it's kind of a blank canvas as far as performance goes.

I would really like to swap a T5 into it, but it seems everyone who does it to a wagon ends up with more problems than it's worth. Still, the fun of having a standard wagon is so tempting....
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post

Right now, not really. It will get some minor things this year, MAF swap, different headers, electric fans, etc... Nothing that special.

I'm not going to do anything major to the engine in it right now. It's still the stock lopo short block, and I just happen to have a bare 302 laying around so when the time comes, it's getting build from the ground up.

Now that it's not my daily driver and just a nice weather cruiser it's kind of a blank canvas as far as performance goes.

I would really like to swap a T5 into it, but it seems everyone who does it to a wagon ends up with more problems than it's worth. Still, the fun of having a standard wagon is so tempting....
              heres one vote for a 5 speed.
              1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
              1994 MGM GS Montigua
              2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Was just looking back over the thread. Why did you strip the A/C? No need for it in your neck of the woods? It is certainly a nice ride.
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I didn't strip the a/c, I carefully uninstalled it. It's all bagged and tagged and carefully boxed away. I took it off in preparation of future mods. It will most likely be reinstalled some day. Not that a/c is really needed around here anyways though.

I'm really liking the 5 speed idea though. After driving the Dakota the last few days, nothing beats rowing your own gears.

Comment

Thanks, was just curious. Where I live I wouldn't want to be without the A/C its just too humid in the summer.

A 5 speed would be really cool.
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Tank vs. Wagon. The tension has been building for over a year now....

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        Tank vs. Wagon. The tension has been building for over a year now....

-ryan s.
                        May 18th!

Comment

zach is the hitch still on the car?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                            zach is the hitch still on the car?
                            Nah, I took it off. It's resting on a pile of bricks next to the barn.

Comment

I have one speed. I have one gear. GO!!!!

May 18th it is. This is going to be epic. I'm sure i'll be spewing blue smoke all the way down the track.

-ryan s.
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

1 year anniversary today! Still pretty crappy wise weather out, so I haven't put it back on the road yet. This is strictly now a sunny day car only. Decided to get some work done though.

Got my new radio fully installed, and after fine tuning the amp it sounds great!

Since I'm going mass air, I'm unfortunately going to be loosing the cruise, so I deleted it. Kind of sucks that it will be gone, but it does clean up under the hood little more.

Remove the relocated smog solenoids since the pump is long gone. Looks a little cleaner, just need to finish rewiring the one for the EGR. A/C still needs to wait a little longer to be reinstalled. Someday though.

Stuff overall removed today:

And getting ready to go 3G.

Comment

Working...
                                X