X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    I love a properly executed plan.

It looks really nice under the hood.
    Thanks, that means a lot coming form a stickler for detail like you.

@ everyone else, thanks, I think it came out pretty good myself. This had a lot of project creep, as it started off as just a basic tune up. But, instead it got,

New plugs, wires, cap + rotor, and coil
    New air and fuel filters
    91 inner fender, and 92+ airbox assembly
    1" intake spacer
    Ford Racing Valve covers
    Lighting EGR spacer
    Deleted EGR entirely
    Re-ran a lot of vacuum lines and wires
    Made a new coil bracket
    Painted the coil holder, upper intake, EGR spacer, IAC, rad holders, relay covers and bracket, and a lot of other misc items.
    3G swap
    And a bunch of other misc things.

Still to go,
    Mass Air swap
    Lowering springs
    "New" Headers (need to weld in 02 bungs on them)
    Full detail

I've been trying hard to get all this done by STAP. The weather was finally nice enough to drive it to work the other day. Still has the popping out the intake and hesitation off idle or slight throttle. Other wise, it ran great.

I started swapping in the electric fans off the 89 the other day, just need to finish wiring them up.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Also decided on ordering some lower springs from SpeedwayMotors for it. My only question is, do I get 225# or 250# for out back? Reading through Freshmeat's posts when he had his wagon said he'd recommend 250's, so I'm kind of leaning that way. Thoughts?

Comment

Finally took some pics today. Drove it less than 250 miles so far this year lol. I haven't even detailed it yet, just washed it and gave it a quick wax a few weeks ago. I'm waiting until right before STAP to do a full detail. But it still looks good I think.

Comment

Very clean.

I like the coil mount. I have been slightly stumped as to how to mount mine; I may have to try something along those lines.

I believe my coupe has 225 lb/ in rear springs. I'd probably try 250s in the wagon.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I oyster my shorts every time I see this thing.. BTW my rear sway bar is the same color haha

Comment

Looks good. Whats the round shiny thingamadeal in front of the air cleaner box?
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks guys. Like I said I really need to give it it's full detail.

I did end up going with the 250# springs. I'll also be swapping out the crappy air shocks in the back to regular shocks. The ass is always so high because if I let anymore air out it rides like ass.

The round thingy is just the overflow for the rad. It used to be on the shroud, but I moved it over next to the air box since there was a good spot there when I swapped the fans.

Comment

Normally I don't care for wagons but that is one sick unit! Love the shape it's in and the light blue/wood panel combo! Tasteful mods too
                    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Your AC drier delete plate made me laugh.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Your AC drier delete plate made me laugh.
                        I was wondering who would notice that.

I'm still not sure If I'll put the A/C back in yet, so I left the plate and evaporator tubes still. Even though they drive me crazy.

Did a little work on it today. The rear door panels were really badly warped at the bottom's so I swapped them out with the nearly mint ones from my 91. I also replaced the dead RR window motor with the newer style one from the 91 while I was in there. Now all 5 windows + the 2 vent windows work as they should.

Hard to get a pic of it, but they were really warped and pulling up from the door:

Panels from the 91 out and ready. Note how much of a richer blue they are:

Comparison shot of the window motors:

Comment

Some guys on foureyedpride with t tops have the floppy door panel syndrome. They soak the panel and lay it on cement (making sure not to bend the metal edges up top) and put a piece of plywood on top of it and then stack a bunch of weight or their can on it to keep everything flat till it dries.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I received a gift when I got home today!

"WTF is this?" I asked myself walking onto the deck.

Hmmm, I bet it's full of noodles.

Tightly wound, heavy, metal noodles.

Comment

Updates.

Got my lowering springs installed. Went very smoothly actually. Discovered the PO drilled holes in the rear floor which made it very easy to remove the shocks (I replaced them). Removing that stupid metal floor on wagons is kind of a pain though. Front end also came apart very easily. Lower ball joints didn't want to come apart so I just dropped the knuckles as well. Didn't need a spring compressor at all. Just a long prybar and a jack was more than enough the get the old springs out. New springs were very easy to install seeing how short they were.

Pics.
                              Old rear springs vs. new rear springs:

Old shocks vs. new shocks. Eric should recognize these:

Lower bushings on the old shocks completely wiped out:

With just the rears in:

New front springs vs. old front springs:

Something appears to be missing:

How it sits now:

Also got my "new" headers on. Eric should recognize these as well

The old headers were factory mustang ones, with the o2 senors welded in the #4 and #8 tubes. The reason for this is the wagon has completely custom exhaust on it, including the down pipes, with no 02 bungs on it. I didn't really care for this, so on the "new" headers I drilled the holes as close to the flange as I could, and had my buddy weld in the bungs. I also had to get some fancy silly header bolts, as the old factory bolts were just to big to fit.

Pics.
                              Here's a good comparison, 90 TC "lincoln logs" on top, factory mustang headers in the middle, and my "new" ones on the bottom:

And what they look like installed:
                              Last edited by pantera77; 06-19-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

wagon is looking even more sexy! what spring rate did you end up going with?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X