Clear All

Love this pic

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      wagon is looking even more sexy! what spring rate did you end up going with?
      925# front and 250# back. There still settling as well.

As most of you know, I was at STAP, which was a total absolute fucking blast. Got to meet a few GMNers and BS about boxes and their awesomeness.

Mandatory in front of the STAP sign:

In front of the plant:

Box city:

Cool pic a_d_a_m snapped of me:

Also went racing again. Ran my best time ever of 16.09 shuffling the AOD like a deck of cards.

Here's some of the runs I made, fastest was the last one.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

That's a fine specimen of wagon. Do you know what it weighs? Any stripping or do you run it with full trim?
        Last edited by 1990LTD; 06-19-2011, 07:14 PM.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

nice running there in the wagon. nice win over the chebby.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

great pics zach mang it was great to see you again I had a blast

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

sweet. that thing has some nice top-end to it.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                That's a fine specimen of wagon. Do you know what it weighs? Any stripping or do you run it with full trim?
                Besides for the smog and a/c being gone, it's bone stock weight wise. All I do is remove the spare when racing.

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                nice running there in the wagon. nice win over the chebby.
                LT1 didn't know 'bout mah HO.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                great pics zach mang it was great to see you again I had a blast
                Hell ya it was

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                sweet. that thing has some nice top-end to it.
                Ya, total dog out of the hole, but once I hit 3500 and the cam wakes up it pulls hard.

Have to shift it at about 5100, because it starts pinging bad. Even with 93 in the tank it was very unhappy. Have to pull some more timing out of it, but I think it's going pretty lean too.

Today I decided to change the tach. I really dislike gauges that are just "hangin out" which the old tach was. So I took the sunpro one out of my 91 marq and decided to put it in the drivers side vent. The vent wasn't the right one anyways, so I didn't feel bad about cutting it up. Now all my gauges match! Although next up on my list will be moving the trio right above the clock.

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Where do you have in mind to relocate the trio of gauges above the clock? Finishing up that custom speedometer/gauge cluster?
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    Where do you have in mind to relocate the trio of gauges above the clock? Finishing up that custom speedometer/gauge cluster?
                    I was unhappy with where that project was heading. I'll think of something else.

Updates, finally went Mass Air. It's so much happier now. Also bought a "new" tranny for it.

Comment

Got some work done today. Getting ready to get the new trans in.

First I got rid of the old cooler setup. It was the factory tow package cooler and a tube and fin looped together. I really didn't like how it looked, and it had a ton of slices in the lines and generayl was just ugly and complicated.

Replaced all of that with a nice sized plate cooler. It's mounted directly in front of the fan I usually turn on:

Cleaned and degreased the new trans:

All nice and painted. I used VHT's engine paint. Really nice stuff so far.

Bitches all jelly of my ProStand9000:

Ready for operation:

Hmmm, something looks to be missing:

There it is!

I realized the new tranny had the wrong style TV lever after I painted it of course:

Driveshaft, cross member, new and old converter's and the old fluid:

Comment

Was the old transmission bad? New one looks good!
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

lookin good.. I be pulling my tranny next weekend to do all the seals.. The front especialy.

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                          351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                          duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                            Was the old transmission bad? New one looks good!
                            It wasn't bad, just not good.

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_LSS View Post
                            lookin good.. I be pulling my tranny next weekend to do all the seals.. The front especialy.
                            Ya, I got lucky, mine already had all new seals. Although I should have done the rear main while it was out, but this engine is just coming back out next year anyways.

Got it buttoned up last week, hadn't really had time to do the finishing touches. Had to swap the shift levers which was a pain, but at least it's mostly done.

Summit finned aluminum +1qt pan, any deeper would have been to low for my liking:

Ready to go, unfortunately my ATV lift doesn't go high enough so this actually didn't work as intended:

After driving it today:

Still have pinging issues at ~5K. Dropped the timing to 10, and have a full tank of 93. It just starts getting bad right before it shifts. The first run I forced it to upshift by momentary taking my foot off the gas. The rest are just held to the floor. If you listen closely you can hear it. Otherwise, all seems well.

If you compare that video to this video last year with the old tranny, you can see (and hear) quite the difference.

Comment

oh man. that shift always sounded horrible, but the back-to-back makes it cringeworthy. It looks like overally the WR helped acceleration a ton. Jealousy is creeping....

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

That Summit pan is interesting. Upon further investigation, pricy, but nice. It's weird seeing an AOD that isn't covered in dirt and grease.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X