No announcement yet.

The tale of the 87' Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice! in other notes id like to throw my linc in this race show down, just for fun
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Got some more work done the last few days. Pulled the inner fender out, and pulled the one out of my 91 marq. will be running a 92+ airbox and maf, so it should all look pretty factory. Got the 3g bolted in, was going to re clock it, but I like how it looks with the connectors hidden. Also will be swapping the stock EGR spacer (which has been bored to 67mm) for a lightning one I have. Although it wasn't leaking, I just happened to have a lightning one sitting around, so I figure now is a good time to swap them out.

I'll also be doing a few things while everything is apart. 1" intake spacer, deleting the EGR, cleaning everything up, new cap+rotor, plugs, wires, coil, air and fuel filters, and then it should pretty much be ready for the road.

3G in

Inner fender out,

Inner fender next to the 91 inner. Just need to clean it up.

It was pretty clean behind the fender,

But I decided to paint it. 6 coats of truck bed liner later,

You can see how thin the stock EGR spacer gets when it's bored to 67mm. Also note the EGR port no longer lines up properly.

Lighting spacer is also a lot thicker.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        May 18th! Paradise Road. LOL
        Spare 5.0L lying around huh? 331" stroker w/ TrickFlow top end?

Packman

Comment

Are there no coolant ports on the lighting spacer?
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

That looks sexy !!
              sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

OoooOooOoooOO

Comment

nice! now you just gotta keep it as freakishly clean for STAP as last year.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Deleting the EGR is not a good idea and the engine will run like crap, unless the ECM is specically tuned to turn EGR functions off.
                    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

that looks very nice... however deleting the EGR is not a good idea and the engine will run like crap, unless the ECM is specially tuned to turn EGR functions off.
                      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I want that intake tube!

very pretty.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post
                          that looks very nice... however deleting the EGR is not a good idea and the engine will run like crap, unless the ECM is specially tuned to turn EGR functions off.
                          Which is why I added an eliminator to it (the sweet plug in one from RJM).

Comment

looks good zach

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Which is why I added an eliminator to it (the sweet plug in one from RJM).
                              I love a properly executed plan.

It looks really nice under the hood.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

May 18th!
                                Was there a showdown??
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X