My 1989 Lincoln 557 cobra jet project in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 exhaust video

and now that I know it'll fit... if I ever get the funds to do it and still have my Mark... yeah... *dreams a little dream of twin turbos and a 9" rear custom suspension to hold onto the road, cross braces to save the chassis from the torque, and brakes to stop the beast*

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Small update

Just got a few little things done. Still far from done!!!! It might have a little more grunt now with a good air cleaner on it. The only one I could fit before was on a deep drop base with a flat top and short filter. There was only 1/2 inch between the base and lid. Got about 2" now with a much taller filter. I think the headlight funnels will help too!!!
      Attached Files
      sigpic
      89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
      13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
      "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Yeah thats the same air cleaner I ended up with. Every other one was scraping the bottom of my hood.
        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
        sigpic

Comment

is it me...or is there somethin goin on with the headlights? i got to say, that that town car is an awsome sleeper. love the white paint and stock hub caps. looks awsome mang!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

headlight snorkels
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

There are no headlights...

Comment

there is no spoon

wait... wha..?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
                  Just got a few little things done. Still far from done!!!! It might have a little more grunt now with a good air cleaner on it. The only one I could fit before was on a deep drop base with a flat top and short filter. There was only 1/2 inch between the base and lid. Got about 2" now with a much taller filter. I think the headlight funnels will help too!!!
                  Dude, you already cut the hole in the hood and have the scoop. I vote for Ram Air.
                  1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

The regular headlights are moved to the inside holes and changed to a smokey looking HID setup to look a little more black to match the black headlight air funnels in the outside holes. Can't easily get a straight shot to the inside ones for the 4in. dual ram air setup without destroying the header/ raidiator support.
                    sigpic
                    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

nah... ram air from the scoop on the hood. The dual snorkel is a great idea for a stock hood... but since you have the hole in the hood to make that scoop functional... why not make it functional?

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                        nah... ram air from the scoop on the hood. The dual snorkel is a great idea for a stock hood... but since you have the hole in the hood to make that scoop functional... why not make it functional?
                        x2

Comment

The scoop is too far up the hood (below the boundary layer) to provide functional ram air, anyway.

Looking forward to hearing how it drives once you get it out and start to get on it.
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

ah... damn. nevermind then.

Comment

You don't know any people by the name Wonorski up there in Youngstown do you? One of my good buddies family is from there - we attempted to put a 351 BOSS into a 88 T-bird at his mom's farm in Youngstown... but this was 11 years ago when neither of us knew what we were doing.

Awesome build BTW, if I haven't commented already!
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I think I speak for everyone here when I say: more pics. all of the pics.
                                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                                X