Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't bother frigging around with the drum brakes put a disc brake rear end in it if you can find one on the cheap.

and make john install it without any help
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post

Well, I'm not going to list all 3 sets... the "all around" tires will be a secret. But here's the winter and track tires I plan on running in the future:
      Coker wide whites?

That's what I want on mine at least. :smirk:

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Wide whites look funny. I like 1 or 1 1/2 inch.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

john had fun with my lincoln today hehe.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
          -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

...oh, right, what IS the range anyways?
            Pull your sender out and measure it.

But right, nominal for pre-90 or whatever stuff should be 73 to 10 Ohms. I've used an AutoMeter fuel gauge with the factory sender. My results were admittedly imperfect (extra resistance in the wiring, perhaps?), but it did work.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              don't bother frigging around with the drum brakes put a disc brake rear end in it if you can find one on the cheap.
              I agree, better yet, get a later model car, pull the body off of it, pull the body off the marquis, drive the upgraded chassis under the marquis' body. Hell, throw a 5.0 cammer in it. That should get your 1hp per cubic inch hopes and dreams
              Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
              and make john install it without any help
              Fuck no.

Matt, your TownCar annoys me to no end. Have you changed your strawberry milkshake transmission fluid yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                I agree, better yet, get a later model car, pull the body off of it, pull the body off the marquis, drive the upgraded chassis under the marquis' body. Hell, throw a 5.0 cammer in it. That should get your 1hp per cubic inch hopes and dreams

Fuck no.

Matt, your TownCar annoys me to no end. Have you changed your strawberry milkshake transmission fluid yet?

need to get moolah first. im broke right now. gonna see if i can hold off until i start working at pep boys to get the discount.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Put it off longer and longer until your transmission goes. I bet they don't discount remanned transmissions...

Comment

disc brakes in the rear FTMFW.

Comment

Put it off longer and longer until your transmission goes. I bet they don't discount remanned transmissions...
                      LOL

Coastal DexMerc isn't too bad at ~$15/gallon, and Meijer store brand is more like $13.50 a gallon. I scored some Valvoline high Mileage DexMerc for about $15/gallon too.
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                        LOL

Coastal DexMerc isn't too bad at ~$15/gallon, and Meijer store brand is more like $13.50 a gallon. I scored some Valvoline high Mileage DexMerc for about $15/gallon too.
                        I think I got Mercon V for like 3.50$/quart when I serviced my trans last December. I bought 12, I only used 9. So I have some extra. Actually, I poured some into the milkshake because he didn't have any more transmission fluid to put in.

Comment

I think I got Mercon V for like 3.50$/quart when I serviced my trans last December. I bought 12, I only used 9. So I have some extra. Actually, I poured some into the milkshake because he didn't have any more transmission fluid to put in.

and you left the transmission fluid and your funnel in my trunk i will keep it aside for you next time i see you.

Comment

ok....these threads done got me confused -^-

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

John's pulling all of the shit that you put in my car that doesn't work right.

I'm helping him.

He's being COMPENSATED.

'nuff said.

By the way, guys... after careful consideration, I've decided to go with at least a W351 for a base. It's just better to me that way.

By the way, thanks John - your converters passed NJ state inspection.
                              Last edited by Midnight Drifter; 11-30-2011, 10:49 PM.
                              1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

John's pulling all of the shit that you put in my car that doesn't work right.

I'm helping him.

He's being COMPENSATED.

'nuff said.

By the way, guys... after careful consideration, I've decided to go with at least a W351 for a base. It's just better to me that way.

By the way, thanks John - your converters passed NJ state inspection.

told you they were fine that why i bought them from him .

whatever you do if you pull that digi cluster out and dont want it please mail me it back i will pay shipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X