Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and if you remove the trunk muncher... post it up for sale... I'm sure there's guys (like me) that would want it. Or just go over to Scott's and drop it in the trunk of that 93 Vic. My Mark would like it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Hey, it was included with the sale of the car. That doesn't mean I can't make money with it.

When i switch my gauges, I'll offer both... to anyone... for $40+ shipping or $40 cash local pick up.

:smirk:

But first, how to figure out how to get a REGULAR fuel gauge to work with the digital-converted setup.

I'm also going to have to source a non-munched trunk to replace it, since CERTAIN COMPONENTS THAT WOULD BE MANDATTED TO RETURN TO STOCK are missing.
      1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
        Hey, it was included with the sale of the car. That doesn't mean I can't make money with it.

When i switch my gauges, I'll offer both... to anyone... for $40+ shipping or $40 cash local pick up.

:smirk:

But first, how to figure out how to get a REGULAR fuel gauge to work with the digital-converted setup.

I'm also going to have to source a non-munched trunk to replace it, since CERTAIN COMPONENTS THAT WOULD BE MANDATTED TO RETURN TO STOCK are missing.

Trunk Munchers FTMFW.:headbang:

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Anything that adds unnecessary wiring, has wearable parts, is likely to break or adds weight to a car and doesn't help it go fast sucks.

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

So basically you're going to sit on the floor holding a steering wheel??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Uh, no, but the steering wheel will eventually be sitting in a box on the floor. :P

I'm talking about all of these BS "high end" accessories that have been added to the car thus far and caused nothing but problems. I'm surprised the one-touch power window devices haven't broken yet!

Comment

I hear you, my brother and actually agree COMPLETELY!!! Just trying to make a "sucky" situation amusing.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

If I had a coupe, I'd probably want to make it a go-fast car too. I can understand where you're coming from.

Of course...I gotta say I like my trunk-muncher. Always been a fan of kinda worthless, but nevertheless neat, ideas.

sigpic
                    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                      If I had a coupe, I'd probably want to make it a go-fast car too. I can understand where you're coming from.

Of course...I gotta say I like my trunk-muncher. Always been a fan of kinda worthless, but nevertheless neat, ideas.
                      neat worthless ideas FTW!!! if only I could find a way to put heated seats in the 88 hmm....
                      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Comment

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                        neat worthless ideas FTW!!! if only I could find a way to put heated seats in the 88 hmm....
                        Speedway sells little standalone heated-seat add-on kits. I imagine it'd be possible to pop the covers off your stock seat and toss one of their bun warmer pads in there.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

keep the outside as stock as possible... sleeper FTMFW

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The outside is going to recieve a handful of modifications, but most will be to eliminate the gaud of 1980's styling excess and smooth out the lines of the car and neatly and cleanly update when and where possible.

I love the look of the Grand Marquis, the only thing prettier of its era is the Mk. VI, I wouldn't want to jack around with its styling too much. I think 7.0 seconds to 60 should be enough to get most motorists' attention and make a few Z drivers a bit nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                              I think 7.0 seconds to 60 should be enough to get most motorists' attention and make a few Z drivers a bit nervous.
                              Not even close! A new 370Z will hit 60 in a few ticks under 5. My 09 Genesis was a 6 second to 60 car (car mag figures) and a Z smoked me.
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter
                                The outside is going to recieve a handful of modifications, but most will be to eliminate the gaud of 1980's styling excess and smooth out the lines of the car and neatly and cleanly update when and where possible.
                                I'd like to see what you have in mind. A shaker or louvered hood wouldn't be on the list anywhere would it? I'd love to see someone do one of those. I hope to do a louvered hood some day.

Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
                                No so worthless of an idea! I don't know about you, but I like having a warm seat when I get into a chilly car. You could possibly consider using an LMC heated seat kit for a truck, I believe it's essentially a heating pad that just layers on the foam of the seat.

sigpic
                                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
                                X