Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if we get our hands on the Mercury, it is going to be parted out and junked most likely. So if it is in everyone's interest to save the car, then I suggest someone else buy it. 86VickyLX if you want to take it and make it into something, I send my most sincere blessings.
    1984 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Daily Driver)
    1979 Ford LTD-S (Project)

Comment

Fly, you could probably strip it down to the frame and just scrap the frame. 95% of this car is readily recyclable, INCLUDING the AOD transmission.
      1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Honestly my plans for it is to make it reliable, safe and possibly resell it lol.

Comment

It's good to know that so much of the car is easily recyclable, and that would factor into my decision, however, if it can be properly taken care of and turned into something significantly better than what it is currently, that'd be great. As it stands though, we don't have the money or time for another project, and this would almost defintely be stripped of useful components and scrapped, probably before the T-Tags wore off, if not much, much sooner.

I would much rather see the car turned into something usable, and find the parts I need other ways, than butcher something that could end up being a decent car.
          1984 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Daily Driver)
          1979 Ford LTD-S (Project)

Comment

buy the car john buy it. you know that car more than i knew it . special treat for ya if you end up with it.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
            -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
            1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

I WILL have another full size Ford - this isn't my first time owning a Panther - but this ain't the car, and now ain't the time.

I got bills to pay, the old lady's got pizzas to deliver and rewiring the car is beyond my grasp.

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

I hope you buy it John, like Matt said, you all ready know the car really well and its little...quirks... If you do and want any help with it let me know. The 2 doors are getting harder and harder to find, it would be a shame to see another go to the JY.
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

i agree and i know john likes it he must buy it. plus i have a special treat in store for it if he buys it. it wont be CFI for long in johns hands with my help. plus since i did most of the electrical wackyness i can revert it back to normal anytime john wants it too.
                  Last edited by MattsLincoln; 01-19-2012, 12:49 AM.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                  1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

AH! The SEFI conversion parts?!
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Alright guys, tomorrow is Friday, and I need to know what's going on with this car.

Yes, it includes a '90 Crown Vic EEC-IV wiring harness, and ECU.

Do something with it, or something will be done with it.

Comment

double post

Comment

i would call john sexton anthony and see if you can get him to buy it he was interested in it.

Comment

You guys have until Tuesday afternoon to make up your minds. Unless something miraculous happens and one of my customers gets interested in this car.

I'll call the wreckers on Monday afternoon to confirm the car's value. If it's lower than $400, I'll adjust the car's price accordingly. If not - hey, shit happens.

I'm going to lose the opportunity to buy a very clean car if I straggle any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                              You guys have until Tuesday afternoon to make up your minds. Unless something miraculous happens and one of my customers gets interested in this car.

I'll call the wreckers on Monday afternoon to confirm the car's value. If it's lower than $400, I'll adjust the car's price accordingly. If not - hey, shit happens.

I'm going to lose the opportunity to buy a very clean car if I straggle any longer.

if you take it to the wreckers i want the digi dash and the jbl amplifier along with the door speakers. i will pay you for them. name your price pull them off the car.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                                if you take it to the wreckers i want the digi dash and the jbl amplifier along with the door speakers. i will pay you for them. name your price pull them off the car.
                                Number one, you took the amplifier. Because it wasn't in the car when it was here last. Number two, HOW ARE YOU PAYING FOR ANYTHING WHEN YOU OWE SO MANY PEOPLE SO MUCH MONEY!? INCLUDING ME!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X