This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dun, dun, DUNNNNNN!!!!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Anthony, I don't have the time to get the money for that thing by Tuesday. Or even half to secure it. Do what you will with the car. I understand your predicament since both you and your Fiance need money desperately, and a reliable car for her new job.

Comment

so sad. that thing is so valuable in parts. too bad you dont want to part it out.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

trunk muncher... want.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Comment

:lol:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                so sad. that thing is so valuable in parts. too bad you dont want to part it out.
                It's not a matter of willful preference, it's a matter of drastic circumstance. Living paycheck to paycheck really sucks.

Also: You DON'T want the trunk mucher. All it does now whenever the battery is connected is go up and down, up and down, over and OVER AGAIN.
                1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

I'm an electrical engineer that's very mechanically inclined... I could probably fix it. But I'll just let John find another one and sell it to me.

The digital dash would be worth ripping out and selling off though if you do scrap it. Get you an extra bit of cash in hand and not hurt the scrap value at all.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                    I'm an electrical engineer that's very mechanically inclined... I could probably fix it. But I'll just let John find another one and sell it to me.

The digital dash would be worth ripping out and selling off though if you do scrap it. Get you an extra bit of cash in hand and not hurt the scrap value at all.
                    You got it mang!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The Mercury is dead, but a small part of her lives on in Hazuki.

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLeYLq3YvSg

you should have posted a ad cl about the merc thats one less 2 door in the world now .

a tercel is it's replacement lol tercels arent that great there known for blowing head gaskets. we have had a few of them in pepboys already which tells me there not reliable. but do what you have to do. wish you made a better choice on your part.

did they crush the merc or just buy the shell and scrap the frame. that would have been smarter than having it junked in the crusher.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Matt you cant worry about a car once you sell it. It is what it is, so to speak. The guy I sold my pristine 89 LTC destroyed it in less than year. At first I was mad, but then realized I made the decision to sell it, and he paid good money for it and it was none of my business.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Matt... I saved thr Thrush mufflers mainly because I felt bad the car had to go.

It was stripped down to just a body shell, then scrapped. I got $595 after all was said and done.

Comment

Matt... I saved thr Thrush mufflers mainly because I felt bad the car had to go.

It was stripped down to just a body shell, then scrapped. I got $595 after all was said and done.
                              sad to see it go but i will move on. what do you plan to do with the mufflers put them on the tercel which would sound fuckin awesome if you did.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                              -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLeYLq3YvSg

Matt... if you watch this video, you'll hear the muffler.

Comment

Working...
                                X