X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

::thinks of all the ten zillion wires that go through a Panther firewall::

What's not a huge harness? :confused:
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Well, nothing new to report... except that I forgot just how ridiculous the Panther's turning circle is and took out a curb >.<

Everything seems to be okay though... hell, the wheel looks like parallel parking syndrome.

I'm driving the Tacoma again now, THANK GOD... so the Merc can go on the back burner and stay there until I'm out of debt and the weather warms up.
      1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

really? my panthers turn pretty tight. of course, when you're used to driving a medium wheelbase truck (not the short one and not a long bed)... panthers turn pretty tight.

oh... it's a panther... curbs are not an issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

My daily is a Tacoma and my last car was a Yaris... you do the math.

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

heh... point. Panther does turn wider than those unless you power slide the rear around to make it tighter (BTDT).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

So, Lady BMW's fate hangs in the balance. Long story short, her legal owner lost her job that was only 3/4 a mile away from her house. She's currently seeking a new job, and it looks like it will be at a new Papa John's that's opening nearby...

...as a delivery driver.

You can see where this is going, can't you? Sure, tips could possibly keep the gas costs down to semi-affordable levels, but the reality remains that she could LOSE money given the Grand Marq's abysmal in-town mileage. The fiancee is currently looking for a Tercel or Paseo.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                So, Lady BMW's fate hangs in the balance. Long story short, her legal owner lost her job that was only 3/4 a mile away from her house. She's currently seeking a new job, and it looks like it will be at a new Papa John's that's opening nearby...

...as a delivery driver.

You can see where this is going, can't you? Sure, tips could possibly keep the gas costs down to semi-affordable levels, but the reality remains that she could LOSE money given the Grand Marq's abysmal in-town mileage. The fiancee is currently looking for a Tercel or Paseo.
                so what is the fate of the grand marquis is ownership going to still be your fiancee's or is it yours now. what gas mileage are you getting city wise cause it got 16mpg with cruise on in the city when i owned it.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                  so what is the fate of the grand marquis is ownership going to still be your fiancee's or is it yours now. what gas mileage are you getting city wise cause it got 16mpg with cruise on in the city when i owned it.
                  How did you ever even get a chance to use cruise in the city? :confused: All that stop and go I can only imagine it would be easier to drive normally, but hey, to each his own.

Anyway, even though 16 mpgs is good for a panther, some 4 cyl is your best bet. I see you suggest a tercel, and you can't beat the mileage on those. Personally I like the Aries/Reliants as far as four cylinders go. My Grandfather had one new and that thing was alot more comfortable to ride around town in then any older import I've ever been in IMO.

sigpic

Comment

2door K car FTMFW! if i was forced to get a small car, that would be it. or a 4 cyl t-bird lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

early 90s civic is also epic on gas... it's a death trap... but it's great on gas.

Comment

You can always count on your Civic to start up in the morning, but you can't count on it still being in the driveway to be started.

K-cars are just awful. Test drove an '87 Aries and it left a sour taste in my mouth. Steering is numb, brakes take TWO FEET to bring the car to a stop, in spite of being 'power assisted', it barely pings out the speedometer (85 MPH, just like our cars) and you get a whole AWESOME 25 MPG's worth (If you're LUCKY) with that pig of a 2.2L engine. Pass, pass, pass.

The Tercel has a raw, connected, mechanical feel to it, quite unlike most modern cars and aces 35 MPG without trying. And if you've got a lead foot, you can upgrade to a 1.3L Starlet turbo engine to beef the HP rating up from 85 to around 160 - more than enough for 2,100 lb. of subcompact. The factory-size (185-75R13) tires are cheaper (per tire) than a typical dinner for 2 at Applebee's and the 3E-E's mechanical simplicity (in spite of being a forked-rocker, 12V SOHC head design) makes diagnosis a breeze.

One of my best friends had a '91... she misses it so badly, she's in the market for another one. They're cute, and I love them. All they need is a decent set of gauges, and you're set.

Comment

So what are your plans for the GM???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Probably going to sell it to my co-worker.

Comment

Too bad I know you REALLY wanted to fix it up. Maybe the better weather this Spring will change things???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I know, but between every post I make I seem to find more and more electrical gremlins that make me concerned with daily drivability. Long story short, she simply needs her car to work - period.

At least my co-worker's fiancee is a Ford mechanic.

Comment

Working...
                                X