No announcement yet.

Grey October DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Townie seats are nice. I personally dislike leather, but they are pretty comfy. I'm a really big fan of my velour seats, but light grey velour is a bitch to keep clean. One thing to keep in mind, Towncar seat controls are on the door, so you'll have to either use manual bases, or figure some way to use a Vic power seat base and do something with the controls.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

got some more stuff done today, but no pics yet as its raining again

i got the grille off of Shifty on there, and it changes the front end completely. i'm gonna keep the headlight bezels chrome, but at some point i am gonna do raccoon eyes. i also pulled the trunk release switch off of shifty and mounted that, but i have no power to the car so i can't test it yet lol. at the very least if it doesn't work, its better than just a hole. and i found my ford antenna ball
      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

alright the rain let up, for awhile and i snapped some pics. a couple of these are effin huge lol

heres a faraway shot so to speak lol

heres a closeup of the grille

heres the antenna ball lol

and here are two shots of the trunk popper.

Comment

later this week, i'm hoping to get off of shifty the header panel, the filler panel and the bumper so i'm gonna have a blue front clip for a while lol

kinda like tom's red and black t-bird

Comment

Shiftys grille looks good on there! It is coming along nicely paul! :banana:
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Looks like it's all comin' together well. Good work.

Comment

thanks for the compliments guys. i worked today on it a little to take my mind off things. i finally got the rear passenger side door functional

before

new handle installed(piece of cake) and it works beautifully

reassembling the door

i took the ashtray and window switch out of the shiftster as it was in better shape

more reassembly

and the finished result

and here is the new door lock piece. this also came off of shifty

and this is what had been on there

it started to rain again so i have to wait on doing the drivers side door. i'm very pleased with how easy it was to replace the handle. just a little moving around and the assembly comes off the rod. i was planning on having to completely remove the panel to remove the handle assembly or deal with rivets. i hate rivets

Comment

Glad to see it comin together. What does it need to make it a driver right now, an alternator and batt?
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

thanks! since i have a running daily driver, i'm saving my pennies for a new battery and i'm gonna do the 3g conversion with a new 130amp alternator. since i was planning on the conversion anyway, it doesn't make sense to replace the dead stocker with another stocker lol. eventually i wanna get the higher end door panels off an lx that are all cloth, not like i have now with cloth below and vinyl upper

Comment

IF you lived cloer, I could easily get you a batt free of charge, and parts for cheap.

But no, you gotta live in NH... :nonono:
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

lol the thought is definitely appreciated though

Comment

today i did the drivers side rear door. they all open with no problems. i also completely redid the drivers door. all that was on the door was the panel, and the switches it now has the armrest, i took the switches for the power lock and the window switches from the shiftster. all the door needs now is a blue speaker grille. Wagonman is gonna hook me up with those, i just need to get out a mo to him lol. i also spent some time under the car too, and its very, very, very, clean under there. alas tho, i have no aluminum driveshaft

Comment

there it is!!! I bet its bee loads of fun... and that good its clean underneath.

Can you put shiftys alternator on it or are they not the same?
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

no, they're totally different. the one on GO has a large casing and the plugs are totally different. its the police package alt i think.

Comment

did some more work today. not much though because of the rain. i got the front seats almost completely socked back down. the passenger seat was missing the bolt and the nut lol. the drivers side was missing the nut. i started on the passenger side and that seat is all set. no more falling backwards in it. all i could do on the drivers side was to tighten down the bolt. i broke the donor nut

i also started pulling the remnants of shifty's stereo. i had already removed the deck(which i sold last night to get gas money more on that in a bit. ) and i pulled the front speakers but i have not installed them yet, i'm waiting on getting a deal on a spool of 14ga wireing and then i'll install the speakers. i still have to pull the back ones lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X