85 Crown Vic Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbines FTW! Looking good.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I want a tudor so bad.

Comment

Damn! I have the exact same color Sand Beige from my Old 1987 Grand Marquis tudor and same dark brown interior as well.
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

I have a dash pad for it, but you would have to dye it.

Comment

After a coat of cleaner wax and some NXT 2.0. It's not perfect, but for a $800 car that was gonna be demo'd it cleans up nice. I need to adjust the drivers side door, sometime in this car's life it was opened a bit to far and the bottom hinge is pulled out a touch.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

For only $800 that's a damn sight cleaner than what I drive! Sucks about the hinge though. The upper passenger side hinge on my car was bent from the door being thrown open so many times, so I had to grab a replacement from a JY. No more slamming the door multiple times to get it to shut correctly.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
              2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
              2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

It looks damn good to me. I think that car would wear your blacked out HPPs nice like. Gotta love the clean look!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Comment

nice shine.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You say imperfect, but its still damn nice. Its even got the silver in the taillights yet.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Very nice!
                        Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Updates, I've been driving the car regularly on nice days, put a couple hundred miles on it.

Original radiator was clogged solid, and the originally rad hoses were junk. Swapped over my 91 Marqs rad, and newer hoses, new t-stat, also swapped in my 90 TC fan shroud (older rad shroud mounts different). Flushed the cooling system twice and rinsed it about 10 times before all the poo stopped coming out. It was bad!

Adjusted the high idle, it was set around 3k, now it's much lower.

Thoughts on CFI. Runs like clockwork. Slow as balls. That's ok though. You could probably balance a dime on this thing at idle, it is literally that smooth and quiet. With the hood shut it's hard to tell it's running. Stock AOD is by far the worse shifting thing ever. It shifts fine, but redefines the term slush box. I guarantee you this is a 20+ second car. With that said, it does seem pretty peppy in the lower rpm range. I have no engine performance mods planned other then cleaning and regasketing nearly everything, tune up + vacuum lines, and replacing the timing chain. That will be a winter project most likely. It runs great as is.

Handling, worse handling panther I have ever driven by far. That I will change, but only slightly. KYB Gas-a-just on all four corners, new sedan cargo coils out back + new isolators, PI front sway bar with poly end links and new bushings. I still need to find a PI rear bar, bulkhead to cross member frame connectors, and fender braces. And that will be it. That's all. I want a nice smooth highway cruiser I can drive cross country, but won't roll over itself on an off ramp.

Parts!

Wimpy noddle next to slightly less wimpy noodle. The stock rear springs were so saggy that with a full tank of gas the rear end would squat.

Old, dead nearly 30 year old shocks. Check out those bushings.

Some pics of how fairly clean the car is, it also has brand new shoes out back:

Next up, replaced the smoked compressor clutch. I got lucky too, it had just started eating into the compressor body, any further and the snap ring would probably never go back on.

old vs new:

failed bearing:

ouch:

Now I can enjoy my nice R12 worry free (although the compressor itself is pretty noisy, I will use it till it blows)

My buddy and I pulled the door and shimmed the bottom hinge. The door still doesn't sit perfect, I think the door itself is tweaked, but it's a shit ton better then it was. I need to have some dents pulled on on it, and touch up the paint in a few spots. I can live with it though.

How the car sits with the cargo coils:

Last edited by pantera77; 07-07-2013, 11:09 AM.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Like the direction you are heading on this one. Enjoy it!
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I'd put a new timing set in there too before the motor lunches itself. Won't give any more power, but 8 cylinders running is much better than 8 minus however many have smashed valves when the chain jumps. Its that plastic cam gear nonsense they were using back then.

yeah the CFI is a gutless wonder. Runs better with dual exhaust but its never going to be perky. Looks cooler with a dual snorkel air cleaner too, but I doubt it actually helps much. Absolutely smooth though when its right. The lack of jerkiness is probably a fair indication that the chain isn't too far gone. It tends to hitch randomly on the highway when the chain slops out. They don't take well to vacuum leaks either. A bit more TV pressure might help the mushbox feel but I wouldn't count on much improvement. Worth checking the bushing too. It won't kill the trans like the cable models do, but it does reduce the pressure somewhat and make it even sloppier.

Sounds like it handles like my Lincoln did when I got it. Dead rear springs, all four shocks leaking oil, and both front endlinks were broken. It was like trying to get busy with a fat chick in a canoe.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wow that thing is clean.

Comment

Working...
                                X