No announcement yet.

85 Crown Vic Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nearly as clean as mine (probably as close as you're going to get up there too).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I love the plan for it.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        ....I have no engine performance mods planned other then cleaning and regasketing nearly everything, tune up + vacuum lines, and replacing the timing chain. That will be a winter project most likely. It runs great as is.
        You say that now. :p

Packman

Comment

I like where you're going with this, too. What a beauty coupe. Would look great beside my Sand Box, especially if it had the tan interior! I can see myself throwing the same bits at my car in the not-too-distant future.

Nice to see it with the uplevel interior option, or were all coupes so-equipped?
          RyPow
          1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
          1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
          2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
          1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
          2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
          2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Comment

Updates, it's amazing what some fresh shocks will do. All 4 were original Motorcrafts, and all of them were dead. The PI front sway bar helps immensely, though it tends to oversteer due to the lack of any rear sway bar. I need a PI rear to balance it out. Hardly any body roll now, and it doesn't bounce for years or nosedive like a bitch when stopping. Very happy with the end product.

After a quick wash:

Dash pad:
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Very nice!

'93 T-bird
              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
              '88 Mark VII
              '86 CV

Comment

Fresh pics. I don't drive this car much, once a week if even, but it was due for a wash + interior vacuum anyways.

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I got a mint dark gray dash pad with your name on it.

Comment

Holyfackthatcar. I just wanna pop Diver Down in the cassette deck and cruise NY-5.
                    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Just putting this out there....if anything happens to that car and you have to part her I want the seats front and rear. They are just soooo yummy. Basically they would look awesome with my exterior.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

that interior is epic.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I had not driven the car in well over a month, so an end of the year trip was clearly the answer....

Took it on a nearly 900 mile trip, which isn't that impressive, but I've never driven this thing more then 25 miles away from my house before.

Made it no problems other than it not enjoying the mountains. Let's just say that the O/D lockout got ample use. It has a miss under heavy load, probably a combination of shitty Napa plug wires, autolite plugs and the timing chain. Other wise runs smooth as a top, got 26mpg on the highway, and 17 through the hills.

I don't know if it's normal for CFI cars, or the TV pressure is too low, but you really need to stomp the gas to get it to down shift.

I didn't feel the need to race it at English town, I already know it's slow. Besides, I have enough broken cars as is. I stopped buy Scott's on the way back as it was only a few hours out of my way to pick up some parts. Ended up picking up a 351 too. That certainly didn't improve it's performance.

I replaced the valve cover gaskets with some pre-loved Perma Dry's. Much better than the rock hard cork ones which I'm sure were originals still. No more oil puddles! Also changed the gear oil and swapped on a PI rear sway bar. This thing rides and handles great! If it had more power it would be the perfect road trip car. Set the cruise @ 73 and boogie.

Pics from E-town (not my pics)

Comment

Very nice!

I've noticed on my GM that I've gott press the gas down quite a bit to downshift. I'm certain its a CFI thing.

'93 T-bird
                            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                            '88 Mark VII
                            '86 CV

Comment

You can increase the TV pressure, it helps. The stock TV setting even with the multiport cars I feel is way too low and needs too much pedal smashing to make it downshift. Overdrive under 35 mph is bullshit.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

351 eh?

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X