No announcement yet.

The '82 Lincoln Mark VI Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno about a case of part failure, but every time I've gotten a broken/incorrect part from Rockauto they sent me out a replacement right away (because I called them up pissed-but-polite). Each time also wound up a "don't bother sending it back" type deal too. It could be because they were closeout parts or just not worth the return shipping, plus I have bought lotsa stuff from them...
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Those cargo coils suck, sorry to say. I've had that happen with a couple of them, though never just one and not that fast. A couple years and the ones on my car were worse than the 20 year old originals they replaced. I've gone back to straight rate stock replacement coils since then,.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If the "doc" was a Sicilian female with attributes, then I'd be all in
        Originally posted by miamibob View Post
        Good thing it was only UPS and not a doctor doing a vasectomy!!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          Those cargo coils suck, sorry to say. I've had that happen with a couple of them, though never just one and not that fast. A couple years and the ones on my car were worse than the 20 year old originals they replaced. I've gone back to straight rate stock replacement coils since then,.
          if that ends up being the case for me, I'll get the straight rate wagon or HD coils then. I need the extra oomph to keep the ass from dragging.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

They were questionable when I put them in, they looked wrong. I have pictures.

And Amazon will send you replacements as soon as the order is booked then only charges you for the second set if you don't return the defective parts within a month of the replacement order in the first 30 days after the order.
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Just cancelled the replacement order, changed the return to a refund, and ordered the AC Delco professional grade straight rate coils 45H2086, for $54.01, shipped. Will be here Friday, guaranteed.
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                if that ends up being the case for me, I'll get the straight rate wagon or HD coils then. I need the extra oomph to keep the ass from dragging.
                Who's cargo coils are gonna fail first?
                1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

probably mine. I beat the crap out of them daily.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Coils went in with the rear axle from a '97 GM w/62 or 66k if the salvage yard people are to be trusted. Massillon Transmission checked out the sad 2.73 pumpkin (decent shape) and I had it towed off to my regular mechanic (THANKS AAA! 1st time I used it this year and it's up for renewal again).

Regular mechanic had to work it in, so it was a good week and a half, and now I finally have it back! No parking brake because it needs all new shoes and cable-rigging, etc. But I now have 4-discs all around! Didn't use the '97 master cylinder yet that I grabbed from the junkyard, so it goes on the shelf for now. May get another disc rear for the '91 eventually.

Mechanic noticed a past power steering leak destroyed the front swaybar bushing on DS & the sway bar end links need replaced. I've done those myself before so that's going to depend on free time and a warm enough day and I may do it myself.

Say, does anyone have a picture/diagram/measurements for the parking brake cable routing/setup handy so I can save some labor time puzzling it out in the future? Thanks.
                    Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 11-27-2014, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      probably mine. I beat the crap out of them daily.
                      Ditto. Which ones do you have installed? I have Moog CC817. No problems as of yet though.

sxcpotatoes, which ones were you using in the Mark?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Slack, The Moog CC837s were variable rate, and the bottom coil collapsed, with the car on the lift at the transmission shop, and shocks at full travel, the top of the spring was maybe 20degrees canted towards the outside of the rear quarter, nowhere near where it should have been held in up top.

I got the AC Delco Professional Grade straight rate 45H2086 set off Amazon (because I needed them pronto). I've only driven the car home 4 miles or so from my mechanic's but not banging or problems yet (and the entrance to my allotment is rough, with potholes and a speed bump).

Just ordered the sway bar end links yesterday, but I don't know what diameter front sway bar I have for grabbing bushings.

They just put a NAPA in a little over a mile from my place, so I may have to check with them for bushings. The higher costs can be alright to swallow I guess as long as they have it in stock (poly of course) and factoring in gas and time saved.

Comment

Mine are the CC817.

Comment

Working...
                          X