My 79 LTD 2dr - 351W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordman75
    Well They've got like 3 1/4" back spacing So I don't know how they'd fit on the front.

I'm into the big-n-little tire look more then the steam rollers all the way around look.
    I was thinkin' about me there, lol.

Was imagining my 2dr rollin on 4 big slot mags, jacked up in the back, shootin flames out the sidepipes.... lol

BTW, I do believe this thread has been hijacked!
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by BoxMang
      BTW, I do believe this thread has been hijacked!

Yeah, but he hijacked his own thread.

Comment

They are either 3 1/4" or 3 1/2" BS I'd have to pull them out of storage and measure them again to be sure.

I can hijack my own thread!

Comment

I got myself an early Xmas present. It's a reproduction 69-70 Boss 429 hood scoop. After all I'm going to need something to cover the air cleaner after I cut the hole in the hood for it. It's going to take a little fiberglass work to get the right contour to fit the hood but it should look bitchin!!

I also found a 16 page 1979 Ford LTD dealer brochure on Ebay I bought. It's got some cool pics and info in it.

Comment

nice. is the scoop steel or fiber glass?

Comment

It's a fiberglass one from Mustangs Unlimited.

Comment

I ordered the trw rear cargo coils , insulators and all 4 KYB GR-2's. I don't have the car home yet, I think I'm going to go and pick it up Monday.

When I do get it home I'll have plenty of parts to install(once it warms up ).

Comment

Ok I decided The LTD is getting an engine swap.

Comment

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm Big Block 2 door. SWEET!
                    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Good luck getting the hood back on. :chainsaw:
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS
                      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride
                        Good luck getting the hood back on. :chainsaw:
                        Perfect for a hood scoop!

Comment

If you check on the previous page I posted pics of the Boss 429 hoodscoop I bought. So the hood clearance isn't a problem.

I think the 460 upper intake is cool. It's shaped like a hooded Cobra snake. I'm not positive I'm going to use it. I might go with a Victor Jr. style aftermarket 4V intake and modify it to use with the EFI with a 4V throttlebody.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman75
                            If you check on the previous page I posted pics of the Boss 429 hoodscoop I bought. So the hood clearance isn't a problem.

I think the 460 upper intake is cool. It's shaped like a hooded Cobra snake. I'm not positive I'm going to use it. I might go with a Victor Jr. style aftermarket 4V intake and modify it to use with the EFI with a 4V throttlebody.
                            I remember seeing an advertisement for an Edlebrock carb intake that had bosses on the runners that could be drilled for fuel injection conversions. I think it was the Victor Jr., not sure, but it sure as hell looked like an easy conversion to me, just use an adapter plate and stick a couple TB's on top
                            Nick
                            88 Colony Park LS
                            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

If you run it with the stock intake, you will likely not be required to do tunning. However if you change intakes you will have to do tunning because the senser readings will be way off.

Comment

How is the stock intake airflow-wise?
                                Nick
                                88 Colony Park LS
                                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
                                X