No announcement yet.

My 79 LTD 2dr - 351W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I run the Edelbrock Victor Jr. I'll be running either a 4V carb converted into a tb or if I can afford it I'll buy an aftermarket 4V throttlebody. So I won't need any adapter and it'll look like I'm running a carb. Or hell I might even just conver the engine to a 4V carb just to simplify it.

I plan to raise the compression, swap the cam, port the heads, change the intake and add headers. So tuning will be required. If I run EFI I'm going to get the SDS EFI computer so I can do all the tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman75
      If I run the Edelbrock Victor Jr. I'll be running either a 4V carb converted into a tb or if I can afford it I'll buy an aftermarket 4V throttlebody. So I won't need any adapter and it'll look like I'm running a carb. Or hell I might even just conver the engine to a 4V carb just to simplify it.

I plan to raise the compression, swap the cam, port the heads, change the intake and add headers. So tuning will be required. If I run EFI I'm going to get the SDS EFI computer so I can do all the tuning.
      If you convert to carb, be prepared to be amazed at the lack of gettup and go.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
        Originally posted by Fordman75

You EFI jerks will never learn, will you?
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yea carbs rock...i could have a 460 with a C6 out of a MARK V, but no money for that shit

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

EFI is much smoother, and better for a daily driver, but there's something about a carb'ed engine that an EFI one lacks
            Nick
            88 Colony Park LS
            G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
            Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I love the choppy, carb sound...

Even when my car was CFI, it had that sound...

Comment

I guess it's kind of how you have to feel a car out and mess with it with a carb...EFI is just punch it and go. Carb has more involvement

P.S. in the words of my father "CFI is just a glorified carb"
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Since GMGT is like an extension of my body, I prefer my carb.

I can tweak it, and like every other part of GMGT, I know it like the back of my hand.

Once it's warmed up, it gets up pretty well.

The whole "Warming-up" thing with the carb forms a good habit to get into, warming up the car for 5 mins before driving...

Comment

Wasn't CFI Ford's revenge for the Edsel fiasco?
                    Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

It was a terrible excuse for throttle body injection, and a bunch of unneeded shit elsewhere.

Poorly engineered. I am guessing the guy who invented CFI has prob shot himself long ago...

Comment

:nonono:

EFI Sucks

CFI aint worth a damn

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis

EFI Sucks

CFI aint worth a damn
                          You can reply with the "it just doesn't feel the same" or the "I'd rather fight every day to get it to run perfect" or the "The sound of an engine not running quite right" but you can't say that EFI sucks, when you get....

Smoother running,
                          Higher peak HP,
                          High peak torque,
                          Better HP curve,
                          Better torque curve,
                          More reliability,
                          More readiness,
                          And the ever perfect balance of fuel and air.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis

EFI Sucks

CFI aint worth a damn
                            You can reply with the "it just doesn't feel the same" or the "I'd rather fight every day to get it to run perfect" or the "The sound of an engine not running quite right" but you can't say that EFI sucks, when you get....

Smoother running,
                            Higher peak HP,
                            High peak torque,
                            Better HP curve,
                            Better torque curve,
                            More reliability,
                            More readiness,
                            And the ever perfect balance of fuel and air.
                            I suppose you like catylitic converters, too?

Comment

Fuel injection has no character, I think.

In order for it to work in higher hp applications you must invest tons of $$$ into it.

With the new carbs these days they dont require much tuning to get it run good.

When something goes wrong you have less things to look for(ie sensors, wires, fusible links, relays ect...) and it is easier to fix

Everything said about carbs not being reliable, hard to tune, runs like hell and shit isnt really true anymore. Its mostly myth put out by some dumbass that probably had the wrong setup on his car and didnt know how to correctly tune one.

Carbs sound awesome too :nana2:

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                                I suppose you like catylitic converters, too?
                                :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Working...
                                X