No announcement yet.

My 79 LTD 2dr - 351W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to run the LSC. They are just on the car to keep it off blocks. I sold my dad's totalled Caravan. He wanted to keep 16" 5 spoke rims and expensive winter tires that were on it. So The LTD gave up it's stock steelies and tires so I could sell the van.

I will be picking up some aftermarket steel rims for it this spring. And the LSC rims will be sold.

And some bad news the I decided not to swap in the 460. I found out the 460EFI motors have a unique intake. You can't swap on a carb intake without swapping heads. And if I'm going to buy heads I'll just go with some good aftermarket heads for my 351W. I can make the same power(or more ) with less weight by using the 351W.

Comment

Rust !!!! Please

You wanna see rust??

Dragging cars out of the midwest aint good pickins

Towed it home from Wisconsin to Boston :slug:

"some rust on floors"

Fixed that and drove it 4 years

:rock: Air chisel time :chainsaw:

That was enough for me, the trunk body brace is all rusty too, can't weld the new wheel tub in thar. Time for a new body :cutit:
      2004 Marauder M79 90K miles Jmod!! 14.85 @95.63
      2004 Crown Vic LX 135K Silver Birch Light flint leather FMX1 04 P-71 PCM swap 04 P-71 Airbox and Zip tube "$100 MZT" 01 F-250 70 MM TB 21mm swaybar wood steering wheel BH headlight relay

Comment

Sure post pics of a chevy in my topic. I think I'm breaking out in a rash! I know all about the midwest crusty buckets! I've owned plenty.

My 89 F250 4x4 is rustier then your car was. But I have no plans on fixing it. It either gets stripped for parts or sold.

Comment

Here's a pic of the steering wheel I'm using. I ran this in my old camper van I use to own.

Comment

If you are sick and tired of rust let me know. Aside from the junk I've already told you about, a friend of mine has an '84 tudor vic sitting in his barn and the thing is clean enough to eat off of. The downside: it's stripped. and it needs a new roof skin if you did try to fix it up. But either way it's totally rust free- it nicer than my tudor as far as rust goes. He started building a stock car out of it (yeah, yeah, sad I know) but ran out of money/interest. I'm sure I could talk him out of it for really cheap.

also- what are you looking to get for the LSC rims?

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
            1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

that is what my trunk looked like last year

Comment

Tristan I'm definately interested in it! Would there be any chance of getting some pics of it? And could you see what kind of $$ he'd take for it? Thanks.

Chachi You did a sweet fabrication job on your trunk! Did you frame it up with tubing to support all that weight?

Comment

Oh yea I'd let the LSC rims go for $50.00.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman75
                    Tristan I'm definately interested in it! Would there be any chance of getting some pics of it? And could you see what kind of $$ he'd take for it? Thanks.

Chachi You did a sweet fabrication job on your trunk! Did you frame it up with tubing to support all that weight?
                    Ooops... I forgot about this!

I'll check on it asap. I think he was saying 200 bucks before, but I'm pretty sure I can talk him down.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Sounds good, keep me posted.

Comment

A partscar?

I may need some tudor parts...
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Join the club!! Actually depending on it's condition I may use it for my project car instead of gutting my 2dr.
                          Last edited by Fordman75; 02-10-2006, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Due to some issues with finding motor mount brackets for my 79 F350, I'm going to just rebuild the 300 that's in it. So this means the parts I bought for the 351W for the truck can now be used in my LTD!

Comment

Sweet!
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

That is the same setup I plan on in my vic!
                                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X