No announcement yet.

My 79 LTD 2dr - 351W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The frankenstein 2 barrel I put on the capri starts faster than my efi. Bump the key and dont have to touch the pedal at all.
    1989 Grand Marquis LS
    flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Good points, Pete...

Anyways, lets eliminate this pissing match in this thread.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

No but I can reply that EFI really sucks when you are about 200 miles from home pulling a loaded car trailer and a MAP sensor or a TPS craps out. And you don't have a spare and no parts stores anywhere close. Then yes EFI really really sucks!! Trying to modify/tune an EFI system really sucks!! I like to do all my own work and I really don't like paying labor to have some computer geek tune my car!! So that means an expensive aftermarket EFI system is required.

It's real simple the more complicated your engine is the more shit can go wrong on it.

My car isn't a daily so I really can't see any reason to go thru the hassle to change the car over to EFI. Why spend the extra cash? For what the EFI system would cost me I could get a pair of Blue Thunder aluminum heads for it!!

There is absolutely no reason to say a carbed 460 won't perform! You can't just slap an aftermarket intake, 4V carb and headers on a stock low compression emmission engine and expect it to be a barn burner. You need the whole whole combination.

Comment

Carbs are OK on a playtoy but on my daily driver I want EFI. Just my 2.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A 460/5spd Ltd isn't a daily driver!!

Comment

I'd drive it daily.
              Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

I got home today and there were two boxes waiting for me! My Cargo coils, spring isolators and KYB GR-2's that I ordered showed up a few days early!! So If it ever warms up I'll have something to do.

Comment

I finally went and picked up the LTD!! It's now snuggly parked in my storage unit until spring.

Here's some better pics of it and my new truck too.

I've got plenty of work to do!!!!

Comment

Other than that rear bumper, the car doesn't look too bad. Congrat mang
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

yay its a carb!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish i could help you work on that thang man, Id love to have a non VV carbed box!!!!!
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Woah, a 2150!!!
                        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

The car is pretty rough. It has a lot of rust. Both front fenders both rear quarters. The roof is rusted thru under the vinyl top. there are huge rust holes in the trunk floor. I haven't been able to check the floor pans yet.

The interior is missing quite a few parts. The rear brakes are rattling around in the drums and the suspension needs to be rebuilt. But I've got the new rear cargo springs and I've got 4 new KYB GR-2 shocks. So I just need all the bushings, balljoints and front springs.

But the car is parked in my storage unit until it warms up enough to work on it. I don't have a big enough garage to work on a car in. And I don't feel like working in a foot of snow!!

I wanted a Panther that was carbed so I wouldn't have to mess with converting all the fuel system over to run a carb. And I just lucked out finding a 79 in a local paper.

Comment

Here's some more pics of the rust and the interior. The trunk pan is pretty much rotted out all around the seam.

Last edited by Fordman75; 01-27-2006, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman75

Perot '92

that rust makes me sad but if you are going to fix it, that makes me happy
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Man that looks like it is going to be fun. I would love to work on that thing. I will have to see it sometime cause I got family in the twin cities and we get up there once or twice a year. That car doesn't look bad at all to me it looks tough.
                                2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
                                X