Cup holder showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cup holder showdown

I'm really want to improve the cup holder (or lack there of) situation in my 88 Grand Marquis. Anybody have one that you're real proud of and could show a pic of to give me inspiration? I'd like a solution that holds on to drinks really, really well, as my driving habits will require that

Thanks!

how bout this?

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I've been attempting a fiberglass one, but haven't gotten very good results so far. What i did with a few of my previous cars was a 2.99 walmart one and one screw through it into the trans tunnel to keep it from falling over while turning.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Sell it and get a 4.6 panther. Cup holders are standard. One of the many reasons they are a far better then ones before.HEHEHEHE
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

hehehe, shaddup...
          Resident diesel addict

Comment

Ill keep my box thank you.
            1989 Grand Marquis LS
            flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

did'nt the 90's have cup holders

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I have always wanted to take the armrests out of a early 90's chrysler new yorker, they have a cupholder that slides out of the front of each one. Then put the entire armrest inside the GM armrests somehow. So they are hidden unless they are out, in a good spot in my opinion.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90
                  did'nt the 90's have cup holders
                  No, '92+
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

You silly people drinking stuff in your cars.
                    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty
                      I have always wanted to take the armrests out of a early 90's chrysler new yorker, they have a cupholder that slides out of the front of each one. Then put the entire armrest inside the GM armrests somehow. So they are hidden unless they are out, in a good spot in my opinion.
                      that sounds like a great idea... i wonder how they would fit
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (R.I.P.)
                      1991 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

Originally posted by boXman

No, '92+
                        Hi

How to use 92 Town Car cup holders

Regards

Dereck
                        President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

I'd like to get my hands on 90s TC cupholder armrests and install them on my box.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got one of those cupholder/money/cd holder things

Sits between my front and rear seats on the trans hump
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
                              I got one of those cupholder/money/cd holder things

Sits between my front and rear seats on the trans hump
                              But this way you can't use it while driving, which kinda sucks. Will it not fit in front of the front seats under the ashtray? Here's how I had the car before:

and after the floor shifter:

The box in the first pics is straight from Mejier, it's the medium-sized one they have, with the adjustable cupholders, worked great with the exception I had to add it some aluminum walls so it don't flip over when I corner harder. New console is the bigger console, and now it's cut to fit and actually bolted to the sheetmetal under the carpet, but I'm thinking of adding one of the smallest ones behind it (for the rear passengers), and maybe another one all the way up front before the shifter - at $4 per piece it's really a matter of overcoming my laziness.

Comment

Working...
                              X