Interior swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this one has a blue interior
    Last edited by interceptor1985; 05-06-2008, 06:49 AM.
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Slowly been switching my interior to dark brown from a cream color. Might end up a mix. Need to find some door panels for a tudor perfer ones from a leather interior.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

i've got a perfect brown dash pad now.going to swich it to blue using s.e.m. spray for vinal.
        sigpic"I love it when a plan comes together." Hanibal Smith (A-Team)

Comment

Well today i finally found some decent seats. They weren't exactly the type i wanted, but i'm its the closest i can find. They are from a towncar but arent the really pillowy ones with the lincoln logos embroidered onto them. The leather is all in good shape, just really dirty. The front seats and the bottom rear seat came out without trouble but when i went to get the rear back seat i COULD NOT get the 4th torx bolt out. After two hours of trying i got my dremel and tried to cut the bolt off. Then the dremel ran out of battery and i wasn't going to come back another day so i had to wrench back and forth on the metal bracket with a screwdriver untill the metal broke, that took another 3 hours. I found another GM w/ blue interior but didn't have time to get the dash out. It doesn't have LS door panels or the leather wrapped steering whell i wanted so those are the only parts i am still looking for before installation. I finally got a pic of the dash pad i scored though, needs some cleaning:

Last edited by FatNasty; 11-06-2009, 08:30 AM.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
          1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Those look like early base model TC seats. They're just about identical to the primo leather interiors the GM/Cv had avaliable.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

nice dash pad!!!! You're making those seats power right?
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

My leather seats look alot different than those.
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

those are nice seats what year are they out of?

Comment

Well today i decided to get the lower dash out at the junk yard. It is a PITA but not so much that it isn't worth doing. It went fine at first, took out the instrument cluster, clock, trim, etc. then i went to take the screw out of the left of the dash pad but ther was a wasp nest in the passenger door jam. Closed the door just in time to not get killed. So everything from here on out i had to do without opening the passenger door. i got the dash pad off, then most of the remaining screws out. There are several screws on each side hiding either facing towards you on the inside, or behind a random piece of metal. I was able to get enough of the passenger side loose to pull it out so i could get the screws on the side with the door closed, but the part that got me stuck forever were the two screws on either side of the radio hole on the inside. They screw into the metal bracket that the radio sits on from behind the dash. I couldn't for the life of me get them unscrewed, and the place closed in 10 minutes so i had to breakd the plastic around the holes. It isn't visible with all the trim on and there are enough things holding that dash on to keep it in place so it should be fine. It took about 4 hours overall and i didn't have to drop the steering column like i had heard so i was happy about that. I also got the steering wheel, it isn't the leather wrapped one like i wanted but it will do for now. Here is a pic of the dash and the mess behind it in the donor car.

I am thinking that it is possible to just cut out the pieces of the dash that actually show and mounting them to the frame behind the dash. Any reasons it wouldn't work?
                    Last edited by FatNasty; 11-06-2009, 08:33 AM. Reason: pic url update

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

Oh, and the seats are out of an '84 TC. Just have the door panels and visors to go. Parts total for the interior swap so far: $119, most of that price was the molding by the foot.

Comment

if you want a blue lether wrapped steering wheel i think there is one at the junk yard i work at ill check today, let me know if you are interested,

Comment

The exposed colored parts of the dashboard don't just unscrew from a GM dash? Those parts are replaceable on a Towncar without removing the entire dashboard frame.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

nope, we have a uni-dash.... the fuse panel cover and glove box are the only colored parts that come off.

oh and good job nasty!!! you must have really wanted that dash and those look like nice door panels in the donor car.
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Well i am actually looking for the LS door panels without the woodgrain stuff, Just the vinyl on the top half and carpet on the bottom. I am having a hard time finding them. I would almost settle for the other kind but i cant find any of the base model ones that arent peeling around the door pulls. The ones in the donor car dont look like they are peeling because someone just cut off squares of the woodgrain off.

Dave84, I would be interested in the steering wheel assuming it's in good shape and has cruise. Unfortunately my budget is getting low so i couldn't pay a lot, but for the right price

Comment

ya it would probley only be $10-$15 if i can find you one at work...

Comment

Working...
                                X