1987 Mercury Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Mercury Grand Marquis

1987 Mercury Grand Marquis. Just joined today and glad I found this site. Hello to everyone.

Here she is. The story: Found this on a car lot and help my daughter buy it. It was her first car. Was around $1,200. Had issues with the transmission so paid to have it rebuilt. Also had to replace alternator, battery and new tires. My daughter decided shortly after that the gas was to much so she got something else which left me with "the merc"

Did not think much about it until I found myself one Saturday morning outside with a hose, bucket of soapy water and some wax. After 2 days of some much needed love we both had an understanding. This is my car now and what a joy she is to drive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0521141859.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	1301363

Name:	0524141851.jpg
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1301364

Name:	0524141851a.jpg
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1301365

Name:	0524141851b.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1301366

That, is beautiful. There's so much to like. Let's start with the color scheme, I was seriously lusting after an '86 with the same white-with-blue pinstripes look. Yours is even cooler though, thanks to turbine rims! These are definitely a joy to drive. Be careful to avoid getting addicted.... The torque and the sound (especially after straight piped true duals) are both HIGHLY intoxicating.

Oh, and welcome to GMN!
    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 05-25-2014, 03:05 AM. Reason: Minor stylistic changes
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Welcome. Nice car there.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! A little TLC can really help you appreciate a car, and boy is there a lot to appreciate about these cars lol. I hope you enjoy driving it for many many years my friend.

Comment

Welcome! Take some interior pics next
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Welcome! Nice Merc you've got there!

'93 T-bird
            '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
            '88 Mark VII
            '86 CV

Comment

Welcome!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
              George Burns

Comment

What a beauty! Welcome to the party

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's sweet looking. One person's trash is another's treasure. Have any repair or modification plans?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

So far here is what has been done.

AC converted from R-12 to R-134a.
                    Rear passenger window motor being replaced today.
                    Turn signals fixed (was just a fuse).
                    Transmission rebuilt
                    Alternator replaced
                    New Battery

I am still researching other upgrades I want to do. The interior (pictures coming soon) is perfect. I personally don't like leather so I can grateful this car has a cloth couch that I can sit on. I was thinking about dual exhaust. I am going through all of the forums to pick up some great ideas on what everyone else has done before I dive to deeply into mobs. For now I just want everything to work.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
                    Last edited by holyduke; 05-27-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Awesome! Welcome!

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

shiny box!!!
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Color-keyed turbines would be cool. Time consuming but worth it.
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Nice seeing another '87 GM!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Welcome!

The high price of gas is one of the reasons I drive my Grand Marquis, but when my other vehicle is a big ol' SUV the MGM is pretty darn fuel efficient by comparison.
                              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                              X