The S.O.R.P. V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The S.O.R.P. V8

my '87 MGM project progress. Pulled her out of the side of the yard when my vic was totaled out. Sat for 6 years, all she needed to get back running was an alternator and a ignition module. Since then I replaced all the essentials and tweaked her a bit. I decided I'm gonna make her a funeral blocker car for my hearse club until I get my hearse running. Enjoy the pictures!

smoked tail lights

Interior light conversion, blue LEDs and when I ran out I used the teal covers from the speedometer

All under primer one rainy night

blacklight marker lights

purple high beams

A few house supplies and purple LEDs created this last night

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    1965 Cadillac Hearse by M+M "Edgar"
    1964 Mercury Comet Caliente

It sure looks evil with primer.

What are your plans for the end result. more visual mods? mechanical upgrades?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
      It sure looks evil with primer.

What are your plans for the end result. more visual mods? mechanical upgrades?
      Well, I plan on painting her soon, I can get a pretty good deal on boulevard black. I'm debating on tinting the windows since I can only go to 35% on the front doors (considering law since this is a daily). Also looking into a set of landau bars for the sail panels. As far as mechanical I'm gonna stick with stock bs except for the flowmaster I shoved in the other night. I might dig into her later on when I get the caddy done, I'd like to throw in buckets and a 5 speed.

Comment

I like it. How did you change the vinyl color?
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looks pretty evil, would be cool if the low beams were purple as well. I like it though.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

That thing looks F'n awesome!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              I like it. How did you change the vinyl color?
              Rustoleom gloss vinyl dye found at autozone, the pics don't show it but I'm in need to lay another coat; she streaked a lot

Comment

Cool. I used rustoleum vinyl dye before. That is the shitty thing about the rustoleum products...their spray pattern..CIRCULAR, not fan shaped like duplicolor. To get good coverage with rustoleum you need a lot of coats.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

hot damn the boxy GMQs look good in black!
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

That thing looks wicked! Definitely keep the black steelies and RWLs!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Your '87 GM looks 100% better than the beat '86 GM I looked at today!
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Straighten the bumper but keep it flat primer. That looks bad ass!

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I like I like! I especially am fond of the tail lights being niteshaded.
                          sigpic
                          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by moneypit View Post
                            That thing looks wicked! Definitely keep the black steelies and RWLs!
                            amazing what 225/70s can do, no?

Comment

Got my flags and grill badge!

Mini compilation of the number of times I screwed with the coach lights
                              (damn ADHD)
                              first change was the stock white to LED blue

Then to LED purple. As you can see, they can barely be seen and they are better grade then the blue-

Since I couldn't live with myself by not showing them off, I grabbed the trusty Dremmel tool and hacked into them, shaving the outer piece and shoving aluminum foil in the inner walls, then laying diamond frost plexiglass for finish, result below (they just show up blue in pics I get)

You can see them in daylight now! I checked!

Screw blue, I rock PURPLE

What I see going down the road

Also, I've installed some police style strobe lights in the markers and reverse lenses, need to figure out what I have to do to get the purple high beams to wig wag and not activate the low beams. I've been looking into the emergency relays, does anyone know anything about them?
                              Last edited by Baker; 06-30-2010, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X