Baileys - my smooth, creamy beige '91 Vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baileys - my smooth, creamy beige '91 Vic

Hello, my name is Pete and I am a box panther addict.

I GOT IT!!!

I am now a member of the multiple box owners club. Exclusive!!!!

And I got it for $300!!!!

The body was rougher than I expected, I dont think I would have paid more. Its strait, the piant on the sides looked like it would shine up, but the hood, roof, and trunk have lost ALL the clear coat so they look like color matched primer. The top is bad.... starting to peel up from the bottom and top seams.
    The worst of it is the header panel - not horribly disfugured, but it had one poorly done patch and one chunk missing where the hood meets it.

I also checked the trunk... no rust behind the rear fenders!!!! I was happy about that. Also notice that the lower rear arms only have one hole... no easy sway bar add on!!!! I forgot to look for an aluminum driveshaft. Wouldnt that be nice!!!!!???

it started up and ran, we drove it around the road behind his workplace a bit and it seemed to run damn good for being parked for 3 months. He had just put in a battery when i got there.

Interior looked great, just a little dirty. Imma feel bad replacing those nice seats with 99 p71 bucket seats

I hope to get tags tomorrow and be able to give it a look over at my shop tomorrow night. I want to start slamming away at the control arm and door, but Im moving to another house at the end of the month and I have some crap to move over the weekend. Plus Im going out of town on the 1st so I need to be done moving on the 30th.

First order of bizness will be getting a good inspection, meaning some sort of exhaust (dont know what all is bad yet) and the control arm/ball joint.
    Lets hope it doesnt need anything else!!!

THEN... come the basic essentials. Oil change, PCV trio, TV cable grommet, and an new alternator wiring harness. The door will need to be swapped of course (who wants to ride around with a rusty grey door???)
    Oh yes... I think Ill put the turbines and fat tires on it too, and then will begin the LEDS!!!!! Something will have to be done about the stereo too...

OH guess what!!!!!!
    This grey door has the sporty mirror that comes out of the the corner of the window frame on it (in poor shape). Im gonna take it apart and see if and how one might put it on a newer box.

If this thing runs good, it may wind up another project. HO swap????
    Oh lets not forget about the beautiful clear lenses!!!
    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 01-25-2007, 08:27 PM.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

It's got a 79 door on it???? Interesting. No wonder it's rusty
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Congrats man! Cant wait to see it.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

well... its not really much to look at, lol

I just added it to my insurance policy online.
        Hooray internet! making thousands of people lazier every day!!!

It made my liability-only policy go up $83 over the 6 month term.
        Im thinking about getting collision and add-on coverage for the 85
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Congrats mang!
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Congrats on saving another box Looking forward to seing the awesome things you can do to the '85 now with a backup car. Hopefully i will be a member of the multiple box owners club soon, in the process of looking.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
            1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
            1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Second cars are great to have, especially when you can use leftover parts from your good car on it.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Lets see it mang!
                -Matt
                1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Just goes to prove you can never get enough box. Welcome to the $300 vic club.
                  sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
                  Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
                  Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
                  1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

Originally posted by 91LTDProject
                    Just goes to prove you can never get enough box. Welcome to the $300 vic club.
                    Paid $425 for my Vic. Can I be an honorary member?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Sweet!
                      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

congrats mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Weeee I'm a member of the $300 Vic club too!

I should make mine roadworthy and drive it. It needs an exhaust too. And a tune up. But it runs damn good. Lets see how many more miles we can get on the AOD without second gear!

Hey Pete, the whole thing about it running so good, even after sitting for 3 months is the SEFI thing. My SEFI box runs twice as good as the carb'd one. Maybe a SEFI conversion on the '85 in the future?
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I paid $100 for mine, and I got a Towncar. I win
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

congtrats pete

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                              X