ScottFest 2012 Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
    Assuming I make it, I can do some range safety training. It is obvious that you are not comfortable around guns. It is also obvious that you have little if any experience shooting at formal ranges. I have visited some strictly controlled ranges and one rule I have never encountered is a "one live weapon" rule. If people are so retarded that they can't be trusted to be in the vicinity of other peoples' firearms then they do not belong at the range. I have not yet attended a SF but I certainly did not expect attendees to have such low opinions of each other.
    No, you must have missed the post where I state that I love guns. I am very comfortable around them.
    And yes, obviously you have never been to a scottfest or you would know that there is often a brain donor or two there.
    I am only not comfortable around inexperienced, immature individuals around guns. Of course there is no such rule at a formal shooting range, but obviously Skippyville is NOT a formal shooting range, and considering the crowd I think extra precautions should be made. I would expect someone so experienced with guns to feel the same.
    I don't have low opinions of attendees, I just know enough to not underestimate anyone or rule out the possibility of anything. Mistakes get made from overconfidence.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
      Let's get back to talking about cars...
      We're not talking about cars, we're talking about scottfest and ideas of what to do, shooting guns is one of them, so there's no reason to try to declare no more gun talk.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        We're not talking about cars, we're talking about scottfest and ideas of what to do, shooting guns is one of them, so there's no reason to try to declare no more gun talk.
        I started a thread in the Moderator forum for a reason.... Let's discuss it there for a bit.

Comment

I always try and make it down for the weekend. Get there Friday afternoon/ evening, and stay through Sunday (leave at noon-ish, or so).

Maybe this year I will bring my Mustang down; It's been 3 years since I brought a Ford out for the festivities.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

How many cars at SF have typically run on the track? Did the bent valve happen on the track last year? How are the local bone yards stocked for Whales? Is Saturday typically Track day and Sunday Yard picking day?
            I have seen past SF threads talk about bringing parts to swap/sell, what about doing the same with tools??
            Speaking of tools, what is Scott in need of??? For someone who obviously has ended up wrenching on the cars of others, we should be hooking him up.
            Last edited by Mercracer; 02-20-2012, 10:05 AM.

Comment

the bent valve happened about 2 miles from the hotel we were staying at. The car wasn't even running for track night due to the stupid tool breaking.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I know I wont be racing my merc. Mainly because I have very bad luck with things breaking for no apparent reason and the last thing I need is a major breakdown 500 miles from home.
                2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

I'm hoping my car actually makes it to SF this year, but it's CFI, so why bother racing? Someone might shoot it though :p

Pete
                  For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                  1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                  1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                    I'm hoping my car actually makes it to SF this year, but it's CFI, so why bother racing? Someone might shoot it though :p

Pete
                    You could run a large 2V and DII ignition for the weekend on the track and then switch back for the ride home. You could even spray it with a little N2O.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post

Pete
                      Run it anyway pete matt ran his 83 merc last year and it was cfi. Theres nothing wrong with cfi as long as it works right, and on the bright side at least you have eec-iv cfi.
                      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

With so many people who show up, I am surprised that some creative mods do not happen..

Comment

Only 2 cars ran last year; My Marauder and Matts 83 2-door.
                          Typically, Friday night is drag night, Saturday is BS day, with maybe a cruise. On Sunday, we usually cruise to a place and take a tour (Yingling Brewery, Centrailia, etc.)
                          The yards usually have many Whales. And we ran to the yard every day last year. Dave and I had a blast.

-ryan s.
                          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                          Originally posted by pantera77
                          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

My tranny go BOOM!

Looking forward to JY runs.

Pete
                            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Hey now let's not forget my world record setting passes at the strip I made in the focus lol. 17.6 fail. Anyway I plan on bringing the mustang this year so it will be raced, if it doesn't make it I may just chill with the crew on the bleachers.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                              Big plans

Comment

I plan on racing the vic this year. Circumstances last year left it on Jackstands until after Scottfest.
                                Friday is normally the dragsstrip day. Saturday is touring and cruise day. Sunday Junkyard day 1, Monday is junkyard day 2/get ready to go home day.

Comment

Working...
                                X