Polyurethane coil spring isolators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polyurethane coil spring isolators?

Does anyone know where I can get poly isolators for a 1988 Town Car? I can't find them for Vics at all. I did get a ton of hits for Mustang isolators... does anyone know if those will work? According to Rock Auto, rubber isolators for my Lincoln are 2.13 inch ID x 3.88 inch OD. If someone had a Fox-body isolator kicking around, or something, could they measure it and see if it's close enough to use?

front or rear? Front ones come from ES with the poly kits for 92-97 Vics. I imagine you can get those seperate.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Rear.

Comment

Rear uses isolators? Oh, wait, there are tiny little squished things on one end or the other, aren't there ....

Wouldn't ES entries at Summit have the dimensions listed? Napaonline is sometimes helpful for this sort of cross-referencing too, and occasionally even AutoZone.com has helped me me figure junk out.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

never seen rear poly ones. I've always used regular rubber ones because I could get them anywhere.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

really wish i would have known this a bout a week ago, i just swapped the stock springs in from limo springs. i ve seen mustang springs they arnt that much duff from panther springs just shorter
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I'm sure the spring diameter is pretty common and aftermarket ones are there, don't ask me where though lol
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

+1 on the pigtail diameter being pretty common. Thus the way mrltd and others have been able to use springs from Speedway with an otherwise stock-ish rear suspension.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I've got it written down here somewhere, but I think it was 1994 Caprice rear spring isolators where the correct dimensions.
                  Hop onto the energy suspension site and you'll be able to get the dimensions of them and compare to stock size.

Alex.

Comment

1971-1996 Caprice.

Napa has regular rubber isolators now.
                    Front: 2749721 $7.41 each. (last time I got them, its a pack of 4 from Ford for something around $15)

Rear: 2749140 $unknown 10 pack. (Store only item, no online pricing, seems napa does that with all bulk parts packs) (Don't remember Fords pricing, or pack quantity (it was either single or two pack. Like my Energy Suspension part number, its in a location that should be easy to find).

Alex.

Comment

the isolators are the same as the stangs ones are just found out

Comment

How did you find that out, zoomie? Got any links?

Comment

http://www.google.com along with a bit of comparative searching will get your answers.

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                            http://www.energysuspension.com
                            http://www.google.com along with a bit of comparative searching will get your answers.

Alex.
                            You must know something I don't, because I'm not finding anything definite. I spent over an hour on energy suspension's site and the only sizing listings I can find are for the universal parts. I also browsed through their catalog but no measurements are available there. I already know the Town Car measurements but I can't find anything on Fox Mustangs. Perhaps I'm using the wrong search terms on Google, but I still haven't found anything there either.

Comment

talked to my buddy doug vanstrom hes the one who let me know that.

Comment

Working...
                              X