No announcement yet.

Mod Box - 85' Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
      Thanks guys. The car will be staying na. No plans to add boost at this time. The temp sensor goes into the Evap housing and doesn't actually attach to any a/c components that have freon running through them. I think it's just a sensor that tells the PCM when the evap starts to freeze.
      Oh ok, basically air-temp sensor maybe not so much for freezing evap core but for auto-HVAC purposes? Regardless, I'm sure you'll figure it out easy enough.
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
        Oh ok, basically air-temp sensor maybe not so much for freezing evap core but for auto-HVAC purposes? Regardless, I'm sure you'll figure it out easy enough.
        Lots of new cars have them, especially ones with TXV valves. They just monitor the temp of the evap box.

I think there was a bad batch on 09-12 Fusions because I've done quite a few of them. Of course you have to pull the whole dash to get to it...
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yeah more modern A/C systems are some sorts of black magic to me, I'm kinda stuck in the stone age with the orifice tubes and stuff, lol
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

It's a shame they went away from those older systems... So much better.

Even my wife bitched that the AC in our 2015 Enclave is so so.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

That awesome Panther!!
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
              1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
              1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Let's go for a ride.

Jeez.
                You are literally right over the bridge.
                I recognized Don Simmons sports.

The car sounds great. Exceptional job, mang.

-ryan s.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I know I am gonna get a bunch of hate for this but it's happening. I cut and sectioned bumper filler pieces so they are flush with the body. Not sure what I am gonna do with the tail lights yet as the bulbs don't quite line up with holes in the body.

Comment

I know I am gonna get a bunch of hate for this...
                    Yep.

Not from me, I like it. In my opinion Ford should have continued the 2 door through '91.
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I just figured out what you did. I would hate if I were smarter, but since I am not; I appreciate the work you're doing! Always look forward to reading threads like these.

Comment

That actually looks really cool! I remember someone had a LTD CV coupe with an '88-'91 front clip and it was sharp. Figured someone would do the same with Grand Marq sooner or later. +1 should've built the two doors all the way until the box gen ended.
                        '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                        '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                        '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

Cool. I think the final product will be killer looking.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Once all those little trim bits get worked out, I think the Aero clips will look killer on that car. It'll match the profile of it pretty well.

My Cars:
                            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

looks good.
                              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Use the older style tail lights and see if that works. I think it would look great.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X